IJN Akagi - 1/700 Hasegawa

Most of the PE fits really well.
That one looks like a possible CAD mistake..

Found an area that could use some adding of detail:
IMG_20211007_094157.jpeg
IMG_20211007_110923.jpeg
IMG_20211007_141459.jpeg
While dryfitting, I realised that masking for painting the linoleum decks will be quite difficult to do after assembly.
I'm adding the lino decks now so I can get some paint in those hard to reach areas.
IMG_20211008_175638.jpeg

Hi Peter,

Nice progress, I like your cut-outs they look very neat and tidy, PE looks good as well.

Do you use an Etch primer on the brass before painting the final finish?

Cheers,
Stephen.

Thanks Stephen,

No I don't usually use primer for the brass. Would you have a primer to recommend?

I don't think I'll use primer for the lino decks anyway.
I take the easy way out when representing the brass strips holding the lino; -just scrape off the paint..

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter,
I have previously used Automotive Etch primer on Brass, this does have some problems.

I have ordered some Etch primer from SMS paints when it gets here I will do some tests.

One of the good things about SMS is they are made in Australia the other is their product seems really good to use if you are airbrushing, I will be using this paint on my Drifter Trawler.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Hello all,

Started on this one:

View attachment 252411
Aircraft carrier Akagi in 1/700 scale.
I have the basic Tetra upgrade set for this kit.
I was thinking of getting the deck set with the PE deck supports, we'll see. It's a bit expensive and hard to get.

Started drilling out the port holes. Quite a few of those:
View attachment 252413

Some detail such as the moulded deck supports will also need removing to be replaced with PE.

Thanks for looking,
Peter
Hallo Peter alias @PJenssen
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Your work is superb and reminds me of my time sometime back when I assemble models from plastic kits in 1:350 scale. The PE parts add so much to the details!

Back