Imperial yacht Uvalen by Falconet in 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

My Congratulations for finishing this very fine model - a very good result, especially with teh realistic sails and rigging
Very well done, so I guess @Donnie will be very happy to add this model to the photo gallery

Thanks for our quick response. I noted the mislabeling of parts also, I am not so sure I will enjoy working on this kit, but will try.

Well, let's go back to the naval modelling. This time it's another imperial yacht by Falconet. The 42 ft boat Uvalen ['Oo-va-len] was built in 1862 in Kronshtadt for the prince Nikolay Aleksandrovich (died in 1865) and his brothers, one of them the future Emperor Alexander III. The yacht remained in service till 1878. Apparently she owes her name (which means 'clumsy person') to her hull's form.
My kit is a Plus version, all in pearwood and with some bronze-cast details instead of PE and resin ones.
The internal structure is realized in HDF. I like this material, it's hard like plywood, but much easier to work with.

View attachment 286534
Dear Walterone,
I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. Not only are your logs/photo essays superb, by observing them carefully, I am spared mistakes which I would surely make had your logs not been available. I think it would be great if you could put together your Falkonet essays in book or manual form for us who would appreciate your logical step-by-step approach. I would contribute to help you defray your costs in making such a manual available. Best regards, Dorman

I think it would be great if you could put together your Falkonet essays in book or manual
Thanks Dorman for your kindest words, but I'm afraid a manual is too much for me, both due to the lack of time and due to my poor English. But I'm always ready to help you if you have any questions.

Back