initial Soleil royal using the heller 1/100 scale kit (post prepared in advance)

Since the SR was meant to be sober than the RL, I'm not sure I'm ging to go with those ornaments on mine. I tried the dremel through a plastic sprue, the blade broke in 2, probably due to its age.

Since the SR was meant to be sober than the RL, I'm not sure I'm ging to go with those ornaments on mine. I tried the dremel through a plastic sprue, the blade broke in 2, probably due to its age.
It wasn't beacause of the age of the blade; it was because the peice you were cutting or trimming was vibrating along with the blade...

It wasn't beacause of the age of the blade; it was because the peice you were cutting or trimming was vibrating along with the blade...
it will vibrate since I tremble a bit, also, when my dad tried to screw one of the blades in, it broked in 2 without apparent reason, the blades were from the 90'

Oh, that’s exciting! Please post an update after you have mounted to the ship.
I'll be able to send you a pic of the front only:))))) I've struggled so much with myself about the colors and the decoration that I didn't want to expand the work to all the side until I was satisfied with everything, the moldings, the colors, and the pattern of those....So lot's of trial and error, and some repairs because of that......Now I'm in a comfortable place with myself and the path is clear:)))))

I just hope you won't be disappointed:))))))))) it won't be a glitsy ship, it will have somewhat dull colors...
In a sense, I wanted to really have the ''plastic impression'' disappear...AND it's far from perfect:)

Well, I think you are talented enough that you could have made those:))))))))))))))))))
And by the way, the last pics you have are the lght tan hull and darker blue....Those were only undercoats to allow me to create some relief witth lighter surface colors:))))

Truthfully, though, I can’t do better than Skutnik for scale and detail and overall uniformity. The concession is the reward of having made it all yourself, but the results are really hard to top.

So, it will be an off white, or ''old white'' on the planking surface leaving the light tan in the plank separation; it takes forever with a paint brush and two white coats are needed:))) the same with the blue; the true color is a somewhat blue teal to reflect the greenish hue and the color is mixed with some grey to dull the pigmentation. And the separations of the planking will be the dark blue. The hardest was the yellow/gold....After several attempts to mix bronze and yellow and losing the metallic flake in the process, I settled with bronze only and will try to make a small reflection with some gold......The red will be brownish and orangy, but I have not started the mix yet:)))) Oh, I almost forget, the ''ventre de biche'' or beige was very hard to match with the right hue...It was either to close to the light tan, or too close to the brown:))))

On the white, can't it be done using airbrush? I always had trouble applying it on models with brush. I plan for an overall white hull too with red , blue, ocher and gold. I'll try to get as close as possible for the 2 blue I intend to use as indicated in your document.

Of course it can; the issue is you lose some of the planking detail because it is white; it is why I painted every plank seperately on a tan background.
The recipe for the blue is a shy blue with a bit of yellow to acheive some greenest and mix wit some light grey to remove some of the high pigmentation of the sky blue; and some trial and error:)

Back