Instruction Translation Methods

I am able to format that page as a WORD DOC. and a PDF. Makes it easier to read, download and print. Maybe an administrator can advise which would be better.

EJ

Attachments

• Parts list Page 1.docx
    15 KB · Views: 25
  • Parts list Page 1.pdf
    135.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
HI HEINRICH, YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY CORRECT YOUR WORK HAS TO TAKE PRECIDENT, WE ALL MUST BE PATIENCE, WHAT HEINRICH IS DOING IS AMAZING FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOBBY, LET HIM BE PLEASE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Please note that I am continuing the translations on my build log.

For direct use if you can’t wait for Heinrich translation and wanted something to translate from Chinese (or any other language):
The app “Google Translate:
On top you can choose the languages:
E0B16AE3-E5A9-45E1-A7D2-83E1E59441AB.jpeg

Then go to “Camera”:
9072E912-34C8-429E-885F-340AE64665CC.jpeg
‘Instant’ give sometimes some strange result.
‘Scan’ gives a better result. On the 1e pictures some scanned text in Dutch.
Succes with your translations and build!
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
OK, First off I am no expert in any of this, but in reading Dean's build the various methods of translating instructions into your primary language have been discussed with Google Translate or other online apps or webpages.

I started this thread so others can repost those methods and we all have a single place to explain what and how to do it.

Thanks to anyone who wants to post.Hear I am very interested too. My natural langueed is / was Danish, but after 45 Years in Spain, my naturally languaje -for Ship building, as I have -about 50 bears being building- and nearly all my technical books, magasin etc are either in Spanish or Danish. I have a big lack with the UK tech. words.
Hi to all. I am very interested in finding a good Tech. Translator about ShipsHave tried the Google one, but only about 75% it translates correctly. My naturally Language is today mainly Spanish- although Danish Born-but not many Danes around here. No Danish Newspaper more TV. Mainly living as a natural Spaniard (been here since 1978) Tech.' word about building Ships I have a lot, as they are all In Spanish

DeepL does a noticeably better job than most "all your base are belong to us" machine translators, and usually gives you some options, BUT it only covers common European languages. Waygo is a phone app that does OK with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean menu items.

Here you go:
You'll have to cut and paste a block of text. The difference is pretty noticeable, and the alternative translations are great to have.

Last edited:
DeepL does a noticeably better job than most "all your base are belong to us" machine translators, and usually gives you some options, BUT it only covers common European languages. Waygo is a phone app that does OK with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean menu items.
They recently added Japanese and Chinese. It’s definitely significantly better than google translate et al, but beware - when google gets it wrong it’ll usually be incomprehensible gibberish when deepl gets it wrong it’ll look plausible. If you have a passing knowledge of both languages and use the alternatives and add your own glossary it’s in a league of its own imho.

ok guys as most know i am a computer illeterate the only thing i know is if it does not work i call my daughter lol ok what i am trying to find out is how to translate french text to english documents do not have a cell phone what is the best app and more importantly the easiestb to use, i do not want to hijack any log so if any one can help just pm me, thaks greatly GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

IT es now downloaded. will try it over the next day. thanks a lot.
o_O Translating a model ship building manual through an online App? You must be kidding....

Don try this one, you put text in top box and hit translate button, and answer is in bottom box.

AGREE.I am switching -neatly every day -from Spanish, English, German and Danish. Although Danish-born, Danish is today Spanish nº 1 today after 45 years in Spain. the 2 Nd English- although I have some Problems English maritime translation. I use many time the transñlation APP in Google, where on the left side you choose your language, then on the right side you chose the language you want. Then start writing in your language. what you wright will immediately be translated. save the text.
Then if you have foreign text, you want to be translated into your language, copy the text /Word or any other) inserted it on the left side- after first having chosen the right language and on the right you choose your language. it will now de translated. go through it as there may be some minor mistakes (misunderstanding). To me, its work well mainly if you have foreign text to be translated. You will find it up on the right upper corner.

Back