introduction

Hello Uncle Davydd,

I built the Hjejien way back 1964. I think it was Billings Boats. I did see a refurbished Hjejlen by Mirabell61 on the Model Ship World site. It looked like the same kit from Billings Boats. I will have to look through some old photographs (nothing digital back then). The old model sat around for many years and had taken much damage. At the start of Covid I sat at home determined to fix up several old projects. At that time I striped the hull down reshaped it and converted it into a scratch build of The Puritan. I do remember the wooden benches that came with Billings model kit seamed to large and looked out of scale. Enjoy the kit it was my first wooden boat and got me started building.

Ragnar

Hello Uncle Davydd,

I built the Hjejien way back 1964. I think it was Billings Boats. I did see a refurbished Hjejlen by Mirabell61 on the Model Ship World site. It looked like the same kit from Billings Boats. I will have to look through some old photographs (nothing digital back then). The old model sat around for many years and had taken much damage. At the start of Covid I sat at home determined to fix up several old projects. At that time I striped the hull down reshaped it and converted it into a scratch build of The Puritan. I do remember the wooden benches that came with Billings model kit seamed to large and looked out of scale. Enjoy the kit it was my first wooden boat and got me started building.

Ragnar
Hi Ragnar. Thank you very much for your reply and information on Hjejlen. It is a very nice looking boat and makes a lovely model when finished. Paddle steamers are a bit different and I couldn't resist it when I saw it. It is not very easy to get a hold of this kit these days and Billings have long ago discontinued it. Look forward to seeing pictures old and new if you have time, but if you don't that is fine. I know I have a photo of an old 1/96 Cutty Sark I built somewhere that I would like to post sometime, but finding it is another matter. I cringe at the thought. lol Thanks again Davydd

Back