INTRODUCTIONS

Heinrich

Staff member
Bluenose Moderator

I thought it would be a good idea if I gave you a "Behind the Scenes" look at the company responsible for our exquisite Bluenose.

1.jpg
Entrance and Public Office

2.jpg
Wood storage

3.jpg
Laser-Cutting Machines

4.jpg
Fitments Storage

5.jpg
Assortment of machinery.

6.jpg
Further fitment, planking and dowels.

7.jpg
Assembled Kits and Packaging9.jpg
Workshop and test-builds

10.jpg

Stern decorations for Bluenose undergoing final Quality Verification in the Design Studio.

.11.jpg

12.jpg

Heinrich.... excellent idea !!!!!

Those laser machines are huge !!!

I am totally jealous of the working bench where the guy is with the computer.

Do you know what is he doing ?

Looks like sanding or polishing. But sanding beside a keyboard...strange .... it has to be something else. Now I am dying of curiosity. :)

Thanks
Daniel

I thought it would be a good idea if I gave you a "Behind the Scenes" look at the company responsible for our exquisite Bluenose.

View attachment 195373
Entrance and Public Office

View attachment 195374
Wood storage

View attachment 195375
Laser-Cutting Machines

View attachment 195376
Fitments Storage

View attachment 195377
Assortment of machinery.

View attachment 195378
Further fitment, planking and dowels.

View attachment 195379
Assembled Kits and PackagingView attachment 195380
Workshop and test-builds

View attachment 195381

Stern decorations for Bluenose undergoing final Quality Verification in the Design Studio.

.View attachment 195382

View attachment 195384
Your tour makes me appreciate what I could only speculate upon previously as to the design and production of kits. The shop looks very clean and organized matching their kits. This is going to be a great voyage with two models of the same schooner under my roof at the same time. I don't know yet how or where my shipyard can accommodate them but that will work itself out with the shifting winds and tides. Thanks, Rich (PT-2_

That certainly looks like sanding to me. The keyboard does look a bit dusty from that pic. In any event this shows so much of what is needed to produce top quality kits. All that wood and fittings makes me a bit jealous. It’s definitely nice having access to a laser cutter. Good luck with this build, it will be very interesting and informative following this build log.

@TechTrek Thank you Chris. You are most welcome to follow along - and judging by your superb Bluenose - please chip in with some tips and advice along the way! :)
Lol not in a million years. I’m a complete newbie at this and am here to grab all the tips and advice I can. Anything I pass along is something I learned here most likely. o_O

Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your factory tour, That was very nice of you. This is such an interesting place, so very much going on. Like Don says with an over night-er one could send them self one copy of each ship made and be set for life, but that is not about to happen, Thanks Again.
Regards Lawrence

Yes the current situation makes things difficult. I hope to visit the factory in the not too distant future and will report back. Maybe you can all send me a Christmas list!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for the invitation, I will try not to be too Greedy but that will make it very difficult.
Regards Lawrence

A kit for Christmas, and stack of some fine wood samples to add a few fiddly bits of upgrade.

I would love to be able to get a virtual tour when you go back and visit.

One of our train companies did a grand tour of the shops in China showing production, painting and assembly of the engine they had just released. Lots of nice ladies to assembly and guys doing all the molding and painting. They said ladies had smaller hands to deal will fine parts.

Since the title of this thread is Introductions. I'm Chris, a Computer Engineering Tech Teacher who is also a beekeeper, mead maker (thanks bees), photographer and now a model ship builder (newbie on that last one - 1st build MS Bluenose in the works). So glad I found this forum, best place for ship building info, advice and support anywhere on the WEB.

Now Chris. You have an absolutely GREAT idea here. Why don't we start a PROPER Introduction Section with here with pictures of us all and a little background info as supplied by Chris. I have said from the start that we are the Bluenose family so it would be wonderful for all of us to get to know each other!

Thank you Chris!
Well here goes. I am Heinrich - a born and bred South African (first from Cape Town and later Johannesburg) who has lived and worked in Nantong, Jiangsu Province in China, as an English teacher. I am 57. I have had an interest in and been around ships, racing yachts and the like for as long as I can remember. As an amateur historian, my other interests include - you guessed it - naval history. I have one son aged 29 (an electrical engineer and contractor) who lives in Cape Town and who is clever enough not to do the things his father did! :D

I am unmarried, but am lucky enough to have an Admiral who supports me fully in whatever I do!

微信图片_20201123234403.jpg

I invite you all to join us in the Bluenose journey!

Back