Issues with Forum

Is anyone else having issues with the forum in the past week or so?

Notifications have become very random - when I click on a build report under "What's New" it no longer opens to the latest post (instead it opens to post #1 on page 1) - and if I click on "Jump to New" it goes to the top of the page about three pages from the end of the build report (every time) rather than to the latest post...

It's driving me crazy! (crazier)

Oh, and it no longer shows who is 'Watching' a build report (though this change doesn't really bother me - it's just another thing that is different).

Is anyone else having issues with the forum in the past week or so?

Notifications have become very random - when I click on a build report under "What's New" it no longer opens to the latest post (instead it opens to post #1 on page 1) - and if I click on "Jump to New" it goes to the top of the page about three pages from the end of the build report (every time) rather than to the latest post...

It's driving me crazy! (crazier)

Oh, and it no longer shows who is 'Watching' a build report (though this change doesn't really bother me - it's just another thing that is different).
Definitely not alone. I have seen some of the same issues. Just thought it was me. Guess I’m not alone.

Ron, not building much these days just lurking. :(

That explains one part however, why when I open a thread which I have been following it opens to the first page not the last.
Just curious.

The same issue for me. I first thought I maybe hadn't read the last notification of a thread, but checked and had not skipped any messages. So back to checking "what's new" and skip to the last page.

And one other issue for me, but I don't see others having that same issue. Since a couple of months I can not use the editing tools any more (the ones on top of the screen when you write a message). So I can no longer edit the text, insert links or smilies or hand out birthday cakes!

It is unfortunate that the "Who is Watching/ Read this Thread" application was causing a lot of server errors and was loading up the database with junk files. So, Zoltan and I have been trying to find a replacement. Well, we found only one so far and we agree that it is not as good as the other one. I really hate that, but nothing I can do. So, what changed and why the errors. Take info consideration that when our core software has an update, the other "Add-ons" are also affected.
Most of the time, the 3rd party programmers that write the "Add-on" enhancement also update their programs to keep up with the forum core software.
Therefore, the programmer of the "Who is Watching/ Read this Thread" application I guess no longer wanted to support it anymore.

Now to address the other problem, I have to experiement around to see whats up with that. I am at a loss on that one right now. There are a few things I can do at the admin level to refresh all the "cache" and some settings to see if that would help.

Maybe Jim or Zoltan will add to this conversation to see what is wrong with the second half.

Paul, can you be a little more clear on this statment
when I click on a build report --
Build Report ?

Paul, can you be a little more clear on this statment
when I click on a build report --
Build Report ?
Under the "What's New" tab there is a list of build reports (build logs)...when I click on one of them it used to take me to the most recent post (or at least to the first new post since I had checked that build report/log). Now it opens to the very first page of the build report/log.

Under the "What's New" tab there is a list of build reports (build logs)...when I click on one of them it used to take me to the most recent post (or at least to the first new post since I had checked that build report/log). Now it opens to the very first page of the build report/log.
Paul, when you are in the "What's New" if you click posts from the right side, it should take you to the last post by that member and the time this post happened, however, if you click on the left side it will take toy to the first ever page.

ok, I will get slaughtered for this - I admit that I never use this tab. So, here is a screen shot and please tell me where UNDER the tab is a list of build logs

1705106418370.png

If you click on "What's New" this opens:

Screenshot 2024-01-12 18.41.08.png

I then can select the Latest Posts to see what's new on the forum (solves the hit and miss notification issue for me).

But Jim has identified a solution I can use (it works different now but that's OK - as long as I don't have to go the first page of each build report the current functionality is fine).

Thanks to all our Admins for their excellent work!

ok, I just learned something - embarrassing as it may be. I was clicking on the down arrow and not the tab. Maybe, Paul, you have another calling in hand - forum administrator ??

Ok, I put the old version back - I did the ole trick of uninstalling and reinstalling. But, I found an earlier version of the one everyone likes - so, lets see and hope that this time it will not cause server errors. The WHO READ THREAD last time was version 2.2. I found an earlier version of 1.57 so, lets see what happens.

Does anyone has this problem? When I'm logged I can't see or do anything in my thread, all I get is: Oops!...... but when I'm not looged I can see whole thread with no problem. In other threads I can write wih no problem

Oops!.jpg

Yep. On your topic only. I can't access the website, I was just about to write to the administration.

Back