Kroum Batchvarov - Underwater Ship Archaeologist - YouTube channel

Let me begin this topic with a little introduction.

What is it like to be a shipmodeler and the wife of an underwater ship archaeologist?! Well, my husband is a real "nightmare" for a modeler! I cannot make a mistake because I will be criticized. Of course, I can always ask before starting work if my thoughts are correct. But to a question that can be answered Yes or No - I get a 40-minute lecture before I hear Yes or No (this is probably a professorial quality)... Another quality that is inherent in scientists - archaeologists confirm or deny only facts that are confirmed in evidence artifacts or archival documents.

And now what is this topic about: Having such a treasure at home in the form of my husband's knowledge and his collection of books, documentation and archaeological reports from the wrecks of real ships - I can't help but share it. I will definitely never build all these projects myself and I know how modelers are thirsty for this information. Maybe they don't even suspect the existence of this or that data, but dream of finding it, etc... I finally persuaded my husband to create a channel for modelers. He agreed to make a videos and and respond to comments and even if he does not know the answer, he will tell you exactly where to look...

So let me introduce you to professor of Maritime Archaeology Dr. Kroum Batchvarov - Underwater Ship Archaeologist
Now you can ask him directly anything you are interested in. I will make a video about the most frequently asked questions and post them here as well.
Hello Ohla, please tell Kroum to focus that energy on making more YouTube videos about 17th century rigging and hull framing techniques. He'll be too busy and you'll get more models done, and work at a comfortable pace. Plus, we will take on the burdon of listening to all those long lectures, and our models will benefit. We have your back! We'll distract him with plenty of detailed questions, like "how were martnets fastened to the sails?" and "Why do paintings of 17th century men-of-war appear to have impossibly high stern castles and sharply curved hull sheer?" That'll keep him talking for weeks. Enjoy your vacation! :D Thumbsup

Kurt

THIS IS ONE OF 2 THREADA ON SOSW THAT DOES NOT NEED CHANGING THE OTHER ONE IS BY WALDAMAR SHIP RESEARCH THIS IS REALLY GREAT FOR THE HO0BBY WHAT A LEARNING CURVE THESE 2 ARE NOW CURT HOW ABOUT ANOTHER VICTORY OR SOMETHING SIMALAR. GOD BLESS ALL STAY SAFE THROUGH CHRIST FREEDOM FROM OPROSION GO FOR IT. GOD BLESS STAY SAQFE YOU AQND YOURS DEON

Hello Ohla, please tell Kroum to focus that energy on making more YouTube videos about 17th century rigging and hull framing techniques. He'll be too busy and you'll get more models done, and work at a comfortable pace. Plus, we will take on the burdon of listening to all those long lectures, and our models will benefit. We have your back! We'll distract him with plenty of detailed questions, like "how were martnets fastened to the sails?" and "Why do paintings of 17th century men-of-war appear to have impossibly high stern castles and sharply curved hull sheer?" That'll keep him talking for weeks. Enjoy your vacation! :D Thumbsup

Kurt
)))) thank you very much! I have already put it on the list "I need to film!" Kroum will return for 2 weeks or so - and then go to dig again - somewhere in Sweden... Well, I think it will be in the next batch of videos!

WAY TO GO OLHA/ KORUM THIS THREAD ALONG WITH CHARLIE T, AND WALDEMAR ARE SUPER FOR LEARNING MORE OF THIS SOMETHING TO READ AND LEARN LIKE SO MANY OTHERS I KNOW SQUAT ABOUT THIS BUT SO WILLING TO LEARN. FOR YEARS I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND SOMONE LIKE YOU GUYS TO0 TAKE THE RESEARCH OF A CERTAIN TYPE VESSEL FOR THE SAME PERIOD AND DETERMINE THE DIFFERENT MEANS OF DESIGN LIKE; DUTCH, ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANIDH RUSSIAN I HOPE ONE OF YOU GUYS OR COMBINATION TAKE IT UP. LET ME HERE YOUR THOUGHTS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Back