LA BELLE 1/48 scale, CAFMODEL plank on frame kit.

ADC

This is CAFMODEL’s La Belle kit in 1/48 scale plank on frame with interior details and rigging. This was one of French explorer Rene Roberts De La Salle’s ships during his exploration of the Texas and Louisiana coast in the 17th century. The lines and proportions of this ship make it look it bigger than it is. It is quite small and compact though detail is high. Quality is very good and comparable to La Salamandre though a much less complex build. Is based on the ANCRE plans and monograph and accuracy appears high. Would still be a quite challenging build but an ideal kit for a first time plank on frame build due to size, moderate complexity and reasonable price. This is version 1 of the model. There is a version 2 avaliable with boxwood carving and other enhanced details. This kit has pear wood carvings which are excellent. Most of the components are laser cut including much of the strip timber which is in sheets. There are only 12 actual strips in the entire kit. There is one large sheet of plans and a coloured instruction book with mostly pictures. Here is a brief history of the ship on Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Belle_(ship)
A1C1510F-5471-4B7B-B596-91ADD8B10890.jpegBEFF1856-45DD-4348-B9F3-EE7151F8D566.jpegE5A470BB-B98E-4867-8CD5-7F35C2142355.jpeg124000AB-DFEF-45DE-8572-9F90571B083D.jpegC4FEB560-10AB-4850-99D7-DCCCEEB54537.jpegB88929C9-8AB0-4AF7-9B02-C2109C74C0A1.jpegB88929C9-8AB0-4AF7-9B02-C2109C74C0A1.jpeg3325BF82-9010-4625-AA22-4F75C65E0319.jpeg

Last edited:
Many thanks for sharing us the look inside of the kit.....it is looking like a real quality one.....
PS: Did you wanted to show us a second drawing? In moment the two photos showing the same plan-excerpt, so the photo is double.
Maybe you wanted to show a different drawing and you mixed it up

thanks Uwek. Something went wrong when I posted the images. Had to add and remove doubled images several times and still got it wrong. Here are a couple more.

80D16F4C-F6DA-42C5-898B-EF7A160A96C5.jpeg9346549B-A8D1-42A6-9332-5EAFD7CA05A6.jpeg

Many thanks for the adjustment.....So you started with the more complex La Salamandre and afterwards you have the skills to build easily the La Belle?
I guess you have also already the planset from Jean Boudriot ?
If not I can fully recommend it to buy this monographie...... The ship is also a very good start if you make the first time a scratch built....not so big and relatively simple structure, some photos in my Media-Album
350C96B0-CC29-4B19-B24C-655FA96036CF.jpeg
comparison of size La Belle <-> La Salamandre

Attachments

• LA_BELLE_ANGLAIS (1).pdf
    816.2 KB · Views: 64
Many thanks for the adjustment.....So you started with the more complex La Salamandre and afterwards you have the skills to build easily the La Belle?
I guess you have also already the planset from Jean Boudriot ?
If not I can fully recommend it to buy this monographie...... The ship is also a very good start if you make the first time a scratch built....not so big and relatively simple structure, some photos in my Media-Album
View attachment 43016
comparison of size La Belle <-> La Salamandre
Yes I have the book, there is lots of detail in the ANCRE plans that one can add to the kit with not too much difficulty. It is an excellent book and not just for the plans but also great history to read. A high quality publication as a companion to the model.

I’m about 2/3 done on building La Bellefrom the same kit. Let me know if you have any questions I can help with.
Where did you buy yours?
Would be great to see some of your progress. I won’t be starting mine until I complete La Salamandre. I would lose focus if I start too many projects. Prefer to work in a linear fashion and I don’t have a dedicated workspace. I bought mine from Max at ZHL. If anything is missing or needs replacement his service is fantastic.

I’m about 2/3 done on building La Bellefrom the same kit. Let me know if you have any questions I can help with.
Where did you buy yours?
It would be great if you could the building of your model in a building log, even starting in the actual status of the model........please......a lot of members would like to see this model

Hi Uwe,
I have my eye on the magnificent 1.48 scale CAF HMS Bellona but there's only 3 stages available of the 6 stage kit available at the moment.

Reactions: ADC
Hi Uwe,
I have my eye on the magnificent 1.48 scale CAF HMS Bellona but there's only 3 stages available of the 6 stage kit available at the moment.
Session 4 is out already. Seen it on Ebay.

I might wait until box 5 of the HMS Bellona by CAF models is on the market, then ask our friend Max from Zhl models to do me a bundle price. I also feel comfortable buying from his company.

I guess some more bundles he should prepare in future......It is only an idea, but maybe it is than time to ask for a forum bundle pricing......It is realy a very interesting ship.

I might wait until box 5 of the HMS Bellona by CAF models is on the market, then ask our friend Max from Zhl models to do me a bundle price. I also feel comfortable buying from his company.
This model is too big for me but if I was interested ZHL is the place to go. Looks like an absolute beauty.

Back