LA NEREIDE scala 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

H.ELLO MICHELE, I JUST CAME ACROSS THIS UNBELIVABLE LOG FIRST A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU I HAVE SEEM MANY EXCELLENT BUILDS ON THIS SITE SOME APPROACHING WORKS OF ART BUT THIS IS THE DA VINCI AND MICHANGELO OF MODEL SHIP CONSTRUCTION THERE JUST CAN NOT BE ANY WORDS TO EXPRESS YOUR WORK. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Yes I see in an early picture of you. Smart to do it like that. I did it on the long-side and it always breaks. Like the picture below of you shows. Thanks for your help.

View attachment 324556
Perfetto, proprio così. Tieni presente che poi gran parte dello scalmo verrà tagliata. La parte in eccesso serve solo per tenere allineata e salda la costa alla forma.

Perfect, just like that. Keep in mind that much of the oarlock will then be cut off. The excess part is only used to keep the edge aligned and firmly to the shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I see in an early picture of you. Smart to do it like that. I did it on the long-side and it always breaks. Like the picture below of you shows. Thanks for your help.

View attachment 324556
Perfetto, proprio così. Tieni presente che poi gran parte dello scalmo verrà tagliata. La parte in eccesso serve solo per tenere allineata e salda la costa alla forma.

Bravo - the final result is amazing
The combination of very good metal works, with clean and accurate woodwork and this treated with bitumen - Very Very good Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Back