La Salamandre 1/96 by Miniature Arts [COMPLETED BUILD]

HI MUCHI, WHERE DID YOU GET THE ROUTER THAT YOU SHOW HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND ONE ON AMAZON THEY HAVE SOMETHING CALLED DENTAL WAX CARVER IS THIS ONE SAW A BETTER TYPE BUT CAN NOT FIND IT NOW. APPRECIATE IT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Hello don.
I bought it on Amazon at Argofile SBH-35...
It's quiet, precise, powerful, and has an adjustable rotation speed.
The chuck is also solid with one touch. A switch pedal is also included.
I've been using it for more than 3 years, but it's durable and a little expensive, but I recommend it.
613toao9adL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The bit (tip tool) was purchased separately.
61cq4srOQQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61dcbstiucl-_ac_sl1200_-jpg.372463

Normally, it is used with clockwise rotation, so if there is a corner at the beginning of shaving, it will be repelled and dangerous.
DSC02497.JPG

When removing laser soot or cutting bevels,
Scrape lightly from a place where there is no step.
When scraping small steps, use a thin bit so that the excess will not dry out.
DSC02498.JPG
Soot removal is easy and quick.
Please wear a mask.
Of course, the accuracy of drilling holes by attaching a drill is also the best.

61DCbsTIUCL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I glued the deck clamp 2.5x8mm down one step from the 8th rib to the front.
DSC03315.JPG

I pasted the side plate of the stern part, and pasted it based on the side planking of the upper main wale.
DSC03306.JPG

DSC03307.JPG

I pasted 4 pieces of Ship's side planking, bent ebony on the main wale with a trowel and pasted 3 pieces below.
DSC03311.JPG
Since it is difficult to process the wale of the stern, it will be postponed.
It was my first time using ebony, so it was hard and there were gaps.
DSC03314.JPG

I copied the drawing and positioned the gun port.
A positioning jig is included, but I didn't use it because it is far from the hull.
DSC03317.JPG

THANKS MUCHI, FOUND IT QUESTION IF I MAY DO THEY SHIP TO USA AND HOW MUCH IN DOLLARS THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR THANKS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFAE YOU AND YOURS DON

Hi Don.
I am inquiring to argofile japan if it is possible to purchase items that can be used in the United States.
Japan is on long holidays.
It will take some time.
It's about $120 in Japan.
I don't know how many years it can be used, but it comes with a replacement motor brush.

DSC02500.JPG

There are similar ones sold in China.
I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem durable.

Last edited:
HI MUCHI AGAIN THANKS FOR QUICK REPLYS, I FOUND THIS ONE ON AMAZON USA HANFBB. PRICE IS $109.00 LOOKS THE SAME BUT NO REVIEWS, THERE ARE OTHERS IN THE SAME PRICE $129.00 AGAIN NO REVIEWS WHAT DO YOU THINK. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Hi don
There was an answer from Argofile Japan.
SBH35 is not made for America.
Although they don't sell directly, Maxima MAO35st, 40st and Eco Grande BLS900ST, GS800ST, 600ST are made to American specifications and shipped, but the price is about three times higher.

create gunport
DSC03337.JPG

D3's platform deck was huge and had to be cut down quite a bit.
It was easier to glue the beam to the platform deck than to attach the platform beam to the hull.
DSC03330.JPG

I used a simple jig with a 5x1mm board to keep parallel and spaced.
You have to cut the height to match.
DSC03332.JPGDSC03331.JPG

DSC03336.JPG
I processed the bulkhead and the magazine wall a little and glued them together.
DSC03349.JPG
Bulkhead and magazine walls are precisely cut.
DSC03347.JPG
The beam consists of 3 pieces of parts A and B pasted together on E, but I mistakenly pasted two pieces of A and B together and uploaded the image. Be careful (my kit didn't come with an English manual, so I don't understand Chinese.)
DSC03350.JPG

The beam has no strength at all with 2 instead of 3.
DSC03356.JPG

I used PVC water-based bond, so I soaked it in water for about 10 minutes, and then put a knife into the glued surface and it came off easily. I was able to remove it without breaking a single piece.
DSC03359.JPG

DSC02551.JPG

Last edited:
more and more this model is looking like a big one - means in a scale like 1:48
The interior is looking really good - you are on a very good way to make a fine model!

Thank you for kind words and following.

The size of the mortar pit is quite different from the drawing, but since it is necessary to remake parts such as the mortar bed, I decided to make it with the size of the materials in the kit.
DSC03422.JPG

Since the deck clamp is attached, the height of the upper deck beam is aligned.
DSC02505.JPG

Carling needs a little adjustment.
DSC03419a.jpg

A thin beam is placed on the carling between the beams, so it is necessary to adjust the height direction a little.
DSC02517.JPG

I also adjusted the hanging knee because I attached the deck clamp.      The caring height adjustment has shaved the underside of the carling.
DSC02508.JPGDSC02512.JPG

Well, I'm worried about how far to put the deck.
DSC02521.JPG

DSC02523.JPG

DSC02520.JPG

The size of the mortar pit is quite different from the drawing, but since it is necessary to remake parts such as the mortar bed, I decided to make it with the size of the materials in the kit.
View attachment 376292

Since the deck clamp is attached, the height of the upper deck beam is aligned.
View attachment 376293

Carling needs a little adjustment.
View attachment 376300

A thin beam is placed on the carling between the beams, so it is necessary to adjust the height direction a little.
View attachment 376301

I also adjusted the hanging knee because I attached the deck clamp.      The caring height adjustment has shaved the underside of the carling.
View attachment 376306View attachment 376307

Well, I'm worried about how far to put the deck.
View attachment 376303

View attachment 376304

View attachment 376305
great work muchiThumbsup

The stern part of the wale has a tight curve, so I softened a thin board with water, bent it, and layered it.
DSC02530.JPG

DSC02540.JPG

DSC02527.JPG

DSC02532.JPG
The cannon is too small to focus.
DSC02536.JPG

DSC02541.JPG

Last edited:
Hello all.
I love this view from above, so I try not to stick the deck as much as possible.
DSC02551.JPG

The deck is minimal.
DSC02564.JPG

DSC02566.JPG

DSC02575.JPG

DSC02544.JPG

DSC02549.JPG

The breast hook was too big, so I trimmed it down to the marked line.
DSC02558.JPG

DSC02565.JPG

Added a mortar pit outboard bulkhead in 2x2 pear wood.
DSC02567.JPG

DSC02577.JPG

Much smaller than I realized at first. VERY fiddly and tedious! You are doing a marvelous job! Very inspiring! I'd have thrown it against a wall by now in exasperation!
You are an inspiration in patience and dogged determination, She's looking beautiful as a result. I anticipate a spectacular result. Thumbsup Okay :p

Much smaller than I realized at first. VERY fiddly and tedious! You are doing a marvelous job! Very inspiring! I'd have thrown it against a wall by now in exasperation!
You are an inspiration in patience and dogged determination, She's looking beautiful as a result. I anticipate a spectacular result. Thumbsup Okay :p
Thanks Peta. I got well.

Back