L'Ambitieux 1680 - scala 1/48

A totally new approach (for myself) tree nailing... I suspect, the actual triangles timber is soft, so when you insert in the pre-drilled hole it 'rounds' it. Am I correct, Vinicio?

Un approccio totalmente nuovo (per me stesso) che inchioda un albero ... Sospetto che il legname dei triangoli sia morbido, quindi quando si inserisce nel foro preforato lo "circonda". Ho ragione, Vinicio?

Jim the theory is the walnut "wedges" square the hole as they are tapped into the planking
That is what I thought, but... in the photos Vinicio provided the hole are roundish... Hmm... Whether this actual wooden treenail or just a plugs, they should be round, Correct? ;)

That is what I thought, but... in the photos Vinicio provided the hole are roundish... Hmm... Whether this actual wooden treenail or just a plugs, they should be round, Correct? ;)

Jim
I had to get Frolich's book to check.His theory is the corners will be lost on the wedge leaving a round appearance.What I said was slightly incorrect.Frolich's idea is that the treenails are easier to manufacture in this manner and ensure a tight fit.The end result should appear round which they do

Kind Regards

Nigel

Many thanks, Nigel for providing insights, it is really valuable. If you tap the softwood into a hard timber (like Pear or boxwood), it will sure be rounded, but Walnut isn't soft, IMHO and can destroy round hole. But what do I know...:eek: I have a Frolich book and will take a look... Thanks again, mate!

Buonasera a tutti, il legno che ho usato per la chiodatura dei corsi del tavolato è impellicciatura di noce da 3 decimi. Essendo morbido inserito nel foro sul pero aderisce perfettamente essendo morbido nel pero che è più duro. Ovviamente è stato il chiodo bagnato nella colla e inserito con un pò di pressione nel foro, fatto asciugare e poi tolto l'eccesso e inserito la carteggiatura per lisciare il tavolato.
Volevo precisare, prima eseguo prove al di fuori del modello e poi eseguo la messa in opera sul modello. Vi ringrazio molto per i Vostri preziosi consigli e per gli apprezzamenti per il mio lavoro.

Google Translate:
Good evening everyone, the wood that I used for nailing the courses of the planking is the walnut veneer of 3 tenths. Being soft inserted in the hole on the pear tree it adheres perfectly-being soft in the pear tree which is harder. Obviously the nail was wet in the glue and inserted with a little pressure in the hole, dried and then removed the excess and inserted the sanding to smooth the plank. I wanted to clarify, first I carry out tests outside the model and then I carry out the implementation on the model. Thank you very much for your valuable advice and appreciation for my work.

[QUOTE = "Jimsky, post: 83543, membro: 5832"]
Un approccio totalmente nuovo (per me stesso) che inchioda un albero ... Sospetto, il vero legno di triangoli sia morbido, quindi quando si inserisce nel foro preforato lo "arrotonda". Ho ragione, Vinicio?

Un approccio totalmente nuovo (per me stesso) che inchioda un albero ... Sospetto che il legname dei triangoli sia morbido, quindi quando si inserisce nel foro preforato nella "circonda". Ho ragione, Vinicio?
[/CITAZIONE]
Hai pienamente ragione amico mio

Google Translation: You are completely right my friend

Se puo interessare farò una foto ravvicinata per farvi vedere il risultato di ciò che vi dicevo, bagnerò con un pennellino un pezzo da tavolato per far risaltare meglio le tonalità del pero e i chiodi di legno in modo da farvi vedere meglio.;)

Google Translate:
If you are interested, I will take a close-up photo to show you the result of what I was saying, I will wet a piece of plank with a brush to make the shades of the pear tree and the wooden nails stand out better so that you can see them better.

Hallo,
for everybody interested on the planset on which basis this amazing model is built

I piani di costruzione li acquistai presso ANCRE e mi sembra sono di nuovo disponibili.

I bought the construction plans from ANCRE and it seems to me they are available again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back