Lauck Street AVS in 1:32 Scale

mrshanks

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

Here are pictures of my completed plank on frame model of a typical Armed Virginia Sloop in 1:32 scale. This was the first completed build of the kit produced by Bob Hunt/Lauck Street Shipyard. Dubbed Patrick Henry, the model features redgum and cherry woods, 3D printed detail parts, Admiralty style with no masting/rigging. All the parts in the kit were CNC cut and shaped by hand. I spent 360 hours building this kit and completed it in 2015. Enjoy!

Final1c.jpg
final2.jpg
final3.jpg
final4.jpg
final5.jpg
final6.jpg
final7.jpg
final8.jpg
final9.jpg
final10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lauckstreet

Hi Mike,

Now that's a handsome looking model. I only sold forty some kits of the Patrick Henry. Sales just slowed down so much that I didn't want to order $500.00 worth of stripwood for another 8 kits (which was my minimum order requirement) that I just decided to stop producing the kit. I've since sold my laser cutter so that's another kit I'll never produce again.

Take care,

Bob

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hello Mike,now this a very nice clean and sharp work ,I have built the Ms Avs too ,very nice work Mike.

DocBlake

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

Mike did a fantastic job on this model! Other than the prototype, his was the first Lauck Street AVS completed. I owe him a lot of thanks for all the help he gave me as I followed his build with my own. This was a great kit. Too bad it's not being produced anymore.

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Finished a little bit differently than Daves's Avs but as nice as his!