New design Le Cygne 1806 in scale 1:48 by Modelship Dockyard

I keep saying wonderful work, gentlemen! One of my small observations is the treenails imitations are a bit large to this scale. Not sure if this is an image illusion, or because, in fact, it was etched by a laser beam.

I keep saying wonderful work, gentlemen! One of my small observations is the treenails imitations are a bit large to this scale. Not sure if this is an image illusion, or because, in fact, it was etched by a laser beam.
I agree Jim, I also think they look a little too stark.

Yes Yes
I have to agree that they are too big, but it’s only a problem with this pilot model. We have made improvements to the deck to make nails normal, photo will come later.

Yes Yes
I have to agree that they are too big, but it’s only a problem with this pilot model. We have made improvements to the deck to make nails normal, photo will come later.
You mentioned that the deck comes as one piece of wood (or two half), it may make sense to just drill the holes instead of laser etch. This will give a modeller an option to treenail if they decide or use putty to imitate. It is just my personal vision.

Okay we will consider adding some PVC under
What a great detail with this "steel"-cover protection of the glas windows -if these were lighthouses.
Or were these chicken cages? - No, these were lighthouses

One small comment - seems, that they are slightly too short -> maybe you want to change in the kit and add some glass under the window framing
View attachment 248429

You mentioned that the deck comes as one piece of wood (or two half), it may make sense to just drill the holes instead of laser etch. This will give a modeller an option to treenail if they decide or use putty to imitate. It is just my personal vision.
This is the deck of speedwell, Le cygne will be the same like this.
5FA683FC-3478-4978-84E1-76235EB640A4.jpeg
Well, we do think that the sails are needed since that many players don’t want to waste time on that. And the premade nails will also help positioning while placing treenails, hope that explains.

It is hard to wait seeing these elements in real ..... looking very good

Back