Le Rochefort 1/24th build log by Dave M

Thanks to all those who are participating as well as well as those facilitating or just lurking.
Most folks won’t go with 1/24th scale, but I need the larger size to work around some personal limirations.
As usual the first challenge is determining the quantity and type of wood to order.
I’m going with pear for structure, boxwood for planking and holly for decking.
Hoping Dave Stevens at Dlumberyard can help me out.

Dave

Hallo Dave,
this sounds very interesting. To see a big size Rochefort with 1:24 - the rigged model will be 1,20 meter long - Great
and also the wood you would like to use is special and of high quality - planking in boxwood -> great

I'm a little late, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your new Group Build, Dave. My experience in the SoS Bluenose Group Build is that you get a lot of support from your fellow builders and no question remains unanswered. With is nice to pull up together.
Regards, Peter

Thanks to all those who are participating as well as well as those facilitating or just lurking.
Most folks won’t go with 1/24th scale, but I need the larger size to work around some personal limirations.
As usual the first challenge is determining the quantity and type of wood to order.

Dave

Hi Dave, if I'm not mistaken in scale 1/24 and 0.7306 and beam 0.2029, the keel 0.01125 X 0.01012

Dave
Hallo Dave alias @Davefx35
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your Rochefort project going?

Happy Birthday,
I am as curious as Uwe and everyone else. What is the status of the Le Rochefort project? Still in the planning phase or are there already the first construction successes?

Back