LE ROCHEFORT - Harbour yacht from 1787 1:36 by Tobias (Monograph by ANCRE)

Hello everyone and good evening. @dockattner @AnobiumPunctatum @pianoforte @GrantTyler @Mirek @Uwek thank you for the comments and all the likes. A few pictures of the progress of the deck boards.

View attachment 443474

View attachment 443475

View attachment 443476

View attachment 443477

There is not much to say about the work. The calving is again imitated with tissue paper and the floorboards are worked with a plane.
That's looking very nice, Tobias. The imitation with tissue paper is a nice option. I'll keep that in mind for the deck of my model.
Regards, Peter

Good evening.
@Mawa @RogerD @OlivierF @GrantTyler @Mirek @Peter Voogt thank you very much for the kind words and all the likes left.

The deck is finished and the various structures such as mast holders, anchor winch holders etc. that go through the deck have been adjusted. Next I'll start with the nails (square iron bolts). I contacted GD for this because I didn't know whether they were iron or tree nails. In the French Navy, iron bolts were used for the main deck, gun deck etc. and sealed with Galipot. For this I'm using the homemade square wire with a thickness of 0.4mm again.

eZy Watermark_25-04-2024_08-47-19-2080PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_25-04-2024_08-50-05-9990PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_25-04-2024_08-49-02-4520PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_25-04-2024_10-13-02-0140PM.jpeg

Good evening.
@Mawa @RogerD @OlivierF @GrantTyler @Mirek @Peter Voogt thank you very much for the kind words and all the likes left.

The deck is finished and the various structures such as mast holders, anchor winch holders etc. that go through the deck have been adjusted. Next I'll start with the nails (square iron bolts). I contacted GD for this because I didn't know whether they were iron or tree nails. In the French Navy, iron bolts were used for the main deck, gun deck etc. and sealed with Galipot. For this I'm using the homemade square wire with a thickness of 0.4mm again.

View attachment 443748

View attachment 443749

View attachment 443751

View attachment 443750
You are showing us a very nice square-nailing, Tobias. They are beautiful in proportion to the size of the planks.
Regards, Peter

Back