Falconet Leudo vinaino boat in 1:48 scale

All sorted very quickly with a DM to Mariya. Seems my email to Falkonet never arrived.

Hello! I woukd like to tell you about company "Falkonet" based in Russia. We produce model kits for assembling ship models made of wood. To see and purchase our production visit https://falconet-mfg.com/
My name is Maria, I can answer all your questions.

Latest relise LEUDO VINAINO BOAT IN 1:48 SCALE
This kit and many others can be produced by from pear wood.

The origin of the Leudo transport vessels is very vague. According to some assumptions, the ship comes from some type of medieval boat with two masts, with a Latin sail tied to the bow. The hull has a characteristic oval shape, which contributes to excellent stability. Vessels of this type were cargo ships, weighing from 15 to 20 tons, with a hull length of about 50 feet (15 meters). The merchant ship was intended for the transport of goods through the Mediterranean Sea, such as weapons, agricultural, industrial goods, and clothing. But the most widely known Leudo ships transported wine.

- complete and accuracy reconstruction to the archived drawings
- high-quality photo etching
- Laser-cut pre-shaped planking
- turned parts, profesional block
- Step-by-step, full color photographic instructions booklet with English
- italian navy
- Length 440mm (17.3")
Dear Friends,
I have been building Falconet ships for sevral years and have purchased several. They are the finest kits I have had the pleasure to build. The laser cutting is superb and all fittings are good quality as well. The only problem is the instructions are in Russian, but any intermediate to advanced modeller can figure it out by following the excellent photos of each building step. Some of the kits have English translations, but the illustrations will guide one through the building. Pay close attention to part orientation and dry fit- several times if you are mondo-careful as am I, and few problems will appear...because they WILL appear. I think this is solely to keep one alert! In ending, get yourself the 4-oared yawl or the steam-powered ferry which is the best of the kits to start in my opinion. Have fun because these kits go together easily enough and will reward you with a museum-quality model. I appreciate the work Falconet has exerted in making these kits as fine as any in the industry...amazingly affordable, too. Best wishes to all my good friends from the hills of Virginia! Cork

As for now, Falconet kits are hard to get. But the company is still active and developing new kits. Hopefully after things will get back to normal they will be available for Western modelmakers. I talk to the owner of Falconet regularly. They have released 56ft torpedo boat in very limited series. I hope they will do another run of this
.1691163429856.jpg
Also in development a yacht "Opit" (experience rus.), a sandbagger similar to "Annie" from Connecticut museum, Greek "Argo" and "Meteor" - a Russian Baltimore type schooner. Let's hope all will materialize and show up on ModelExpo site.
1691163786316.png
1691163841478.png1691163804866.png

As for now, Falconet kits are hard to get. But the company is still active and developing new kits. Hopefully after things will get back to normal they will be available for Western modelmakers. I talk to the owner of Falconet regularly. They have released 56ft torpedo boat in very limited series. I hope they will do another run of this
.View attachment 388046
Also in development a yacht "Opit" (experience rus.), a sandbagger similar to "Annie" from Connecticut museum, Greek "Argo" and "Meteor" - a Russian Baltimore type schooner. Let's hope all will materialize and show up on ModelExpo site.
View attachment 388047
View attachment 388049View attachment 388048
Hallo @Kolobok
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back