Lost parts.

Small parts always fly away where you never ever would think of....

ICH AUCH, UWE!

I have spent hours looking for that 2mm block or whatever in he carpet with a flashlight. Usually, 2-3 parts are lost, then you find them days later while searching for the fourth part. I went dumpster diving into the vacuum cleaner lint bag once or twice. Sometimes it's just faster to scratch build a replacement part. Sometimes are part can never be found. I imagine it goes where all the left socks from the laundry go when they are missing. Rumor has it that those socks go to Heathrow Airport. I'll have to visit England and check on that...
Odd socks do not go to Heathrow. The spin cycle throws them into the fourth dimension and from there they eventually return as a wire coat hanger in your wardrobe. This is a science fact.

Odd socks do not go to Heathrow. The spin cycle throws them into the fourth dimension and from there they eventually return as a wire coat hanger in your wardrobe. This is a science fact.

oh the tesseract the 4th dimension of a 3 dimension cube. So that must be were things go

Yep, all this sounds incredibly familiar.
Well, never start repairing wristwatches than ;-)

[ Wich I did :-( ]

The Black Hole! The places little important parts go to hide and maybe never to be seen again!

Attachments

• 20211127_132454.jpg
    20211127_132454.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211127_132512.jpg
    20211127_132512.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
One way of helping minimize the 'kneeling event', is to use the old watchmaker's trick. The endpieces of the apron are tight to the bench with pushbuttons. Here, if anything decides to fly instead, it can land inside the apron.
Picture?

I don’t know how many times I labored over forming a small part, such as a hook and loop, just to fumble finger it into that black hole under the work bench…never to be found…forcing me to start over again forming a new part.

EJ, I was trying to find one but no luck. It is an old school, though. Basically, attach the bottom of your apron under the desktop, even long nose clams will do.
Ahh, I understand now. My daughter in law made me a longer apron of black material, the ties are long enough to ties in the front eliminating the struggle to tie in the back. Has a little pocket for a rule or drafting pencils. I'm gonna add a velcro strip on the bottom edge to stick on the bottom of the bench.

Thanks for the idea!

EJ

Back