Lowell Grand Banks Dory 1:24 Scale - Model Shipways

hi all just got back in the work room starting a small build new concept , from M/S it is going to be a series of beginner builds by DAVID A, suprise i got it for a couple reasons one makes a nice CHRISTMAS GIFT two experient with the ecoline pen brushes so far mixed results, but just showin the intro. of the kit will show more of the boards tomorrow, if i may say so the last 3 kits i got from M/S has been a great improvement from there normal kits seems like they are starting to use some new techniks but the biggest is instructions and plans no more 40 or 50 year old kits so here goesView attachment 142698View attachment 142699View attachment 142700
Hi: I’ve just finished the Dory. My first.C6968AAD-EC41-4F82-9249-2F46C6D3E615.jpeg

About the Banks Dory. One change I made to the plans was to lead the aft strop into the boat rather than have it dragging in the water. I think it has a fairer lead too. Then I see that I failed to leather my oars. Now they are glued in I’ll leave it as is.

I ordered a Swampscott Dory kit from Bluejackets a week ago. I got a note saying they had to make more kits and would send a tracking number when they shipped, nothing yet. Another delay thanks to the Covid. My M/S Longboat kit has been shipped and is on the way.

Back