Planset review Machine à curer les ports (port dredging machine) - 1750" - scale 1:36 - by Gerard Delacroix

The monograph is from now on available only via Ancre web-page:

Now we need one of our Chinese manufactures to produce a nice kit
Would make some of us happy happy

Use the monograph and make a nice scratch build - it is a very good monograph, with no complicate hull (flat bottom).
You need maybe a wood supplier who is preparing the stripes in the necessary sizes, if you can not do this by yourself.
But this can be all organized or ordered, also the limited metal works necessary.
Especially this monograph is a great start for scratch building !!! or even a group build

Totally agree with Uwe, this monograph is a really nice candidate for scratch build, specifically for the first-time scratch builder.

YES THAT IS ME, had this on my wish list also,i think i am going to order this one at the end of month, i am like NIGEL i need more then one project going by the end of month I should have my frames on the LE ROCHFORT done and will have to take a break for one month so i can set the frames in the slip/jig at my son-in-laws office garage when the weather turns a little warmer. THANKS Don

Well this sounds like we need to get Gilles to read and translate the basics on the book for Acrne.

I will be ordering a monograph but have a question, where or what did the collection boat look like. I know the dredges pulled up mud and dumped into some other ship to haul if out to deep water to get rid of unneeded waste.

Well this sounds like we need to get Gilles to read and translate the basics on the book for Acrne.

I will be ordering a monograph but have a question, where or what did the collection boat look like. I know the dredges pulled up mud and dumped into some other ship to haul if out to deep water to get rid of unneeded waste.
Take a look at the first post of this topic
Such a boat is also described in detail
IMG_14281.jpg

Now also the English language version is available from ancre

you can order the Book in English with the planset for 59 Euro

Unbenannt.JPG

or only the booklet in english language for only 15 Euros, in case you have already the older french version

Unbenannt2.JPG

Here are now the Look Inside photos of the english version of the booklet available from ancre - many Thanks to Didier Berti from ancre for sending the copy

The translation was done by Dr. Anthony Klouda

Gérard DELACROIX monograph
Service Boats
A PORT DREDGER
from the description by Bernard Forest de Bélidor

built at Toulon about 1745

IMG-6023a.jpg IMG-6024a.jpg

Contents:

Foreword
The Port Dredgers
Support craft
Description of a port dredger ca 1745
The scoops and their arms
The functioning of the dredger
Commentary on the plans at 1:36
Port dredger, photos of a model at 1:36 (model by B. Rimlinger)

IMG-6025a.jpg IMG-6026a.jpg

IMG-6027a.jpg IMG-6028a.jpg

IMG-6029a.jpg IMG-6030a.jpg

IMG-6031a.jpg

IMG-6031a.jpg IMG-6032a.jpg

IMG-6033a.jpg IMG-6034a.jpg

IMG-6035a.jpg

IMG-6035a.jpg

As mentioned before, the port dredger is a very interesting project to build a working boat and also very good for everybody starting or to be intermediate in scratch modeling......
.... nevertheless often for beginners it is not so easy to make a jig or to cut correctly the notches in the keel etc.
-> so for everybody thinking about building this model in scratch, it could be helpful to have some assitance in some areas which are tricky

-> Because of this I want to point once more the possible help by our member @SZKUTNIK, who prepared some parts and the jig for Don

4.jpg dm4.jpg

5.jpg dm1.jpg

take a look at the building log

OH HELL YES KRIS DOES AMAZING WORK, WAITING FOR POST OFFICES, BOTH IN POLAND AND USPS IN STATES, THIS ONE IS AMAZING JUST CAN NOT WAIT TO GET STARTED, BTW THE DELAY IS NOT KRIS FAULT MY ANY MEANS, JUST POST OFFICES. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

HI ALL, MY LOST PACKAGE WAS FOUND AND ARRIEVED YESTERDAY, GREAT, GREAT PRODUCT A SEMI SCRATCH/KIT FROM KRIS HARBOR DREDGE, HAVE OPENED THE BOX BUT NOT TAKEN ALL THE PIECES OUT NOT UNTIL I AM BETTER ORGANIZED, THIS IS TO SHOW YOU SOME OF WHAT I WANTED AND IT IS WHAT I WANTED, THERE ARE 2 JIGS ONE FOR THE HARBOR DREDGE AND ONE FOR THE SHIPS BOAT, A MODEL IN ITSELF, I SHOW SOME FRAME, BEAM, FLOOR MATERIALS ALL DONE IN PEAR WOOD CNC MACHINED, REALLY GREAT STUFF FROM KRIS HERE ARE SOME PICTURES WILL ALSO POST ON MY LOG FOR THIS ALSO. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Attachments

• 20210422_170142.jpg
    20210422_170142.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210422_170335.jpg
    20210422_170335.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210422_170616.jpg
    20210422_170616.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210422_170750.jpg
    20210422_170750.jpg