Mantua Golden Star 1:150 [COMPLETED BUILD]

You have made very good progress - she is shaping up to be a proper ship. Well done! Thumbsup

Took a few days off. Back to it now. Finished the bowsprit. Was considering a furled sail. Left it for now. Will consider again when I get the masts on.

IMG_2017.jpgIMG_2019 2.jpg

Last edited:
Rigging question for the knowledgable people here.

There are 3 shrouds on the mast rigged per this image. Do I tie them all together at the top so they are close together?
IMG_2033.JPG

At the top they are all 3 tight together like in this image.
IMG_2037.JPGIMG_2035.JPG

If I could only stop knocking tiny things off the work bench onto the tile floor. I feel a little silly at times at 74 crawling around on my hands and knees with a flashlight. If there's a good side it's that I'm a little better at making tiny pieces. ROTF

View attachment 317129
View attachment 317130
View attachment 317131
Many SoS members are members of this same club. I have been on my hands and knees looking for a small piece of whatever and have debated with myself, do I prefer carpet where things hide deep in the pile or a hard floor where the piece bounces 10 feet into some dark crevasse? ROTF"Necessity is the mother of invention." Maybe I'll invent a 6ft x 6ft sticky floor mat for modelers. I just need to invent a shoe that won't stick to it!!! ROTF

If I could only stop knocking tiny things off the work bench onto the tile floor. I feel a little silly at times at 74 crawling around on my hands and knees with a flashlight. If there's a good side it's that I'm a little better at making tiny pieces. ROTF

View attachment 317129
View attachment 317130
View attachment 317131
I found that a good flashlight and an extendable magnet helps! And a small broom and dust pan. But there is always the need to make another part - thinking someday they'll all be found in a pile, hidden behind a desk or cabinet....

Back