Many thanks

Having spent a number of years visiting the National Maritime Museums while working in France and reading the beautiful books produced by Jean Boudriot I am hoping to start my first plank on frame model in the next year, probably of an armed long boat. I currently spend my time building nuclear power stations but retirement is beckoning and wood is far more appealing than concrete and rebar.

Whilst today I will spend most of my time in the short term looking & learning I look forward to sharing my efforts in the near future - many thanks for allowing me to join the group

Welcome to the site. If you are interested in pof models look at the Blandford Cross Section Project it is an introductory exercise to scratch pof building, there is a lot of build logs there and some very helpful members of the build.

Mike

A nuclear powered model boat - that would run and run ...
Have a look at Graham's build log for the Panart Armed Pinnace (page 2 in the wood builds). I was sorely tempted to buy it - his log is so thorough you could follow it step by step.

Thanks guys for the welcomes and the Birthday Wishes - Spent the days building a shed (birthday present) so I can move some of the beekeeping stuff out of the heated workshop so I've got room to start building my first POF model :)

Thanks guys for the welcomes and the Birthday Wishes - Spent the days building a shed (birthday present) so I can move some of the beekeeping stuff out of the heated workshop so I've got room to start building my first POF model :)
This sounds interesting - will you tell us, which ship it will be?

Having spent a number of years visiting the National Maritime Museums while working in France and reading the beautiful books produced by Jean Boudriot I am hoping to start my first plank on frame model in the next year, probably of an armed long boat. I currently spend my time building nuclear power stations but retirement is beckoning and wood is far more appealing than concrete and rebar.

Whilst today I will spend most of my time in the short term looking & learning I look forward to sharing my efforts in the near future - many thanks for allowing me to join the group
Hallo @Astigabay
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back