Marmara Trade Boat, 1:48 , SC brand [COMPLETED BUILD]

steel wool maybe dangerous, if one of those steeles grabbed the part, it may break. My few cents

I agree.... steel wood is out of the equation Clair.

These pieces are INCREDIBLE FRAGILE. You have to handle them to understand.

During the days will try a little more of soft sanding.

I need to place the sand paper like a half tube (semicircular) to avoid to grab a tip.

Thats cool, was just a suggestion. I use steel wool alot so the scare factor is gone for me. I know the technique and yet sometimes
I do in fact screw up small parts due to my gorilla hands and being too rough with things. LOL

However, I've never broken anything, they just failed their durablity tests is all :p

Daniel stick to what you are comfortable with. That's like me and CA glue. I have now developed a technique whereby I get PVA to do exactly what CA supposedly does but without the mess and instant bonding. Other guys on the forum though, swear by CA glue - I swear at it. :)

Daniel stick to what you are comfortable with. That's like me and CA glue. I have now developed a technique whereby I get PVA to do exactly what CA supposedly does but without the mess and instant bonding. Other guys on the forum though, swear by CA glue - I swear at it. :)

Hi Heinrich

Interesting.

Will you share that technique with PVA ?

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

To sand these filegrane parts put some 320 paper on a flat table, on top the filegrane parts with the good side up, on top of the press some foam and move the foam with the filegrane parts over the sandpaper to sand them. Hope it helps.

Interesting tip. I will try that one.

Thank you !!
Daniel

Thank you Jimsky and Heinrich for the encouraging words.

This ship is a beauty. Now you understand my dilema a couple of weeks ago concerning hull painting. Fortunately I decided to move on with the hull paint. It goes incredible well on this model with all the details.

Kudos to SC who is the kit developer !!!!

Keep your fingers crossed, there is still a long road till the end. Small ship but an incredible amount of details.

Cheers
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

This is a beautiful build so far, and thank you for sharing all of the information about how the kit has come together! I see that the information provided with the kit mentions the plans that were originally published in Souvenirs de Marine, Volume II, Paris, but I have not seen the image shown here yet. It is available in very high resolution on the Shipmodell website.

This kits is truly an exacting replica and it has interested me for a while. It's so great to see it coming together in such detail...

Cheers!

-Gregory

souvenir de Marine vol 02 page 75.jpg

Hello Daniel,

This is a beautiful build so far, and thank you for sharing all of the information about how the kit has come together! I see that the information provided with the kit mentions the plans that were originally published in Souvenirs de Marine, Volume II, Paris, but I have not seen the image shown here yet. It is available in very high resolution on the Shipmodell website.

This kits is truly an exacting replica and it has interested me for a while. It's so great to see it coming together in such detail...

Cheers!

-Gregory

View attachment 175888

Hi Gregory

Thank you for the nice comments. Still a long way to go and I am not at all and old modeler with experience.

This is the plan that comes with the kit. Zoom it to see details.

Cheers
Daniel
BTW... will it be possible for you to post the link to the place you mentioned....Thank You !!

20200828_234757.jpg

Gregory, in my first posting is the link to a review of this kit. In that thread you will find link with a lot of derailed pictures of its construction. I have posted several screenshots. The job of that modeler is amazing. Plus his/her pictures are of incredible detail.

Last edited:
Back