Kit review Marmara Trade Boat, 1:48 SC Models

Hey all,
Just joined. I started the Marmara. Manged to do the ribs with no breakage!!!! Now I am working on the planking. I have gotten this far but ran into a problem. The next plank does not fit exactly. their is are gaps on each side. Should this happen? If these are laser cut they should fit exactly. Or at least thats what I thought. Any insight you could give would be greatly appreciatedView attachment 179442

From the picture looks like your planks finish at the external border of the keel. They have to finish at the rabet line that you can see done by the laser.

If I am correct, you have the same issue I had.... some planks are a few millimeters longer and you have to cut them to size.

Have you read my Marmara built thread. I will look for the posting i discussed the problem and a member told me "its done in that way and you have to trim the plank".

You can unglue the planks tip with "goof all" look for the picture on my thread or rubbish alcohol if you used WelBond glue.

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel

Hey all,
Just joined. I started the Marmara. Manged to do the ribs with no breakage!!!! Now I am working on the planking. I have gotten this far but ran into a problem. The next plank does not fit exactly. their is are gaps on each side. Should this happen? If these are laser cut they should fit exactly. Or at least thats what I thought. Any insight you could give would be greatly appreciatedView attachment 179442
Here you go with my issue

And here you go with the answer

As suggested by John take a look to my thread and use the links I posted to find pictures online that will help on the built. Those links are also on this thread (www.4hmodel.com is the Chinese site with an excellent built and pictures).

Better will be if you start your own built log and members will help.

Cheers
Daniel

Hey all,
Maybe it would be also good to start your own building log - the best way that you get your questions answered......
BTW: A warm welcome here on board of our forum..... Thumbsup

Back