Master Korabel „Avos“, New Project 2020 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Beewax gives a satin to shiny finish, oil finish is depending on the number of layers more matt to satin. So it is depending on the look and feel you want to create.

Beewax gives a satin to shiny finish, oil finish is depending on the number of layers more matt to satin. So it is depending on the look and feel you want to create.
Hallo Maarten,
think you for your advice. I‘ve just made a test and I like the result with beeswax. I‘ll keep you informed.

Very good work - the number of nice details of this kit, especially in this small scale is really amazing
Sorry! Only one fast hint on a very small problem I realized (with the help of makro-photo) - seems there is a small piece of splint glued at one deadeye, which should be removed
8D44199F-19AA-43CB-8A95-3B326BAF84C8.jpeg
It is so small that you maybe did not recognize it

I decided to replace all the rigging yarn from the kit. It's simply useless. So far, the only blemish on the kit.
Here are my last construction measures before Christmas.
I hope we all see each other healthy after the holidays.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year.11125340-91A2-4C6A-8DA7-E9EA859753E8.jpeg1B8CDB9E-A51D-43CE-9767-A22118BD316F.jpegBF4AC11C-3932-4E6C-AA57-DE76ACDF21E7.jpeg5A1ED86C-95B7-4B64-8F97-1B84BCB034A5.jpeg453AFF49-5AD9-45DB-8090-734A02096B53.jpeg

Wow! looks very good, a very busy deck. One suggestion, if I allow making one. Check your ringbolts (red arrow), some of the rings have gaps as they didn't close properly. I know, it is a macro view, and might not be visible by the bare eye.

D06CD058-BED2-4167-B180-B343AF38AAAC.jpg

But this is can be actually easily fixed should you accept to do it. One of the ends of your ring bolts has a 'sharp' cut, it doesn't allow you to close the ring tight. You can file this end with a needle file or rotary tool with a cutting disk. Whatever tool you are comfortable with (see my sketch)

IMG_1828.JPEG

Wow! looks very good, a very busy deck. One suggestion, if I allow making one. Check your ringbolts (red arrow), some of the rings have gaps as they didn't close properly. I know, it is a macro view, and might not be visible by the bare eye.

View attachment 207443

But this is can be actually easily fixed should you accept to do it. One of the ends of your ring bolts has a 'sharp' cut, it doesn't allow you to close the ring tight. You can file this end with a needle file or rotary tool with a cutting disk. Whatever tool you are comfortable with (see my sketch)

View attachment 207444
Hi Jimsky,
lateron you won't see the gaps. Nevertheless your advice is realy good, but is a little difficult to deal with it this scale... 1/72. The rings are 1.5 mm ...

Back