Mayflower of Dartmouth

HiMajors
Yes I think you’re in target.
But you’re right it’s best to “eyeball” before commuting to make hundreds.
Robert

Will the hull be planked on the outside under the waterline, or will it be left off in the style of Navy Board models to show the framing?

Good progress - please do not forget to update also the building log

I suppose this Corona virus has put an end to the Mayflower project! Great pity after all that work!:(

Has this project now been abandoned because of Corona?
Nope! The Navy that hosts our build workshop has stopped our acces, so we can’t get in to work to finish the hull Planking and topsides. However we’ve all fast forwarded to work on rigging, props, people etc. From our home workshops. I’m procuring models of crew, pilgrims etc, others are making ropes, Barrels, capstan, tables etc.
it won’t be an end of May finish, but we might make end of July/ mid August.
we love it too much to let it go.
Robert

I thought something like that must have hapenned, but pleased to see it is carrying on from your home workshops with the smaller items, masting & rigging etc.
Bob

How many bonnets will you be attaching to the main and for courses, and possibly the lower topsails.
and when will the job be finished.

Majors.

Hi All. I’m helping to build a 1/12 scale model of the Mayflower. It’s a longitudinal cutaway which will displayed in the local
Museum in Dartmouth UK ti celebrate the coming 400th anniversary of the Pilgrim Fathers journey to America.
Hallo @RobertUK
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back