Meet and Greet - Vienna modeling group around Willi Meischl, alias @schifferlbauer

oh damned, I missed it ... looked forward to the next meeting the whole month since they "reopened" Austria .... but again had to work till almost 8pm ...
well, in June the next meeting might be even nicer, being able to sit and drink in the Garden again ;)

be safe, see you next time!

Hi Uwe

Thank you for posting about our meeting. It was very interesting to see your great work on a perfect built model.
Like Uwe mentioned everybody is very welcome.

Cheers
Willi (schifferlbauer)

Hallo, es war nach langer Zeit ein sehr schönes Treffen. Es macht mir immer wieder Freude mit euch Fachgespräch zu halten. Und die tollen Modelle motivieren immer wieder aufs neue

Stefan

Hallo, after a longer time it was a very nice meeting. I always enjoy holding technical discussions with you. And the great models motivate again and again in addition

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday evening I had the chance to meet one of our members Willi Meischl, alias @schifferlbauer ,
and some of his modeling friends in a small restaurant in Vienna.

They meet regularly once a month and most of them knows each other already centuries - so many thanks to them that they allowed me to join this group of very good modelers.

First of all a photo of us
View attachment 91608
from left to right: Willi Meischl @schifferlbauer , Adolf Achtsnit, Uwe Karl @Uwek , Peter Bauer and Tibor Pinter

Do not think, that drinking wine was the main subject, no, we talked around three hours about ships, history and especially the modeling activities

Tibor showed the hull and some details of his actual model of the Le Soleil Royal (scale 1:78) - he is in moment working on the head at the stem construction
Here some photos I made of his very accurate work

View attachment 91609
Tibor in the talk with Willi discussing a detail

View attachment 91610

View attachment 91613

View attachment 91611

View attachment 91612

Peter showed us his actual work on carving on the Lion - figurehead, asking for further tips by Willi - the Lion will decorate his model of the HMS St. Albans (1764), a 64-gunner in scale 1:72
Conclusion of the discussion - the haircut of the Lion has to be adjusted

View attachment 91615

Some words, or better models these modeler made already

Peter Bauer - french 64 gunner Le Protecteur in scale 1:75
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_St_Albans_(1764)

View attachment 91617

View attachment 91620View attachment 91616View attachment 91618View attachment 91619

http://www.schifferlbauer.com/Seite64.html

Adolf Achtsnit - Belle Poule (based on Jean Boudriot and Hubert Berti drawings) in scale 1:48 under construction
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_frigate_Belle_Poule_(1765)

View attachment 91624View attachment 91621View attachment 91622

View attachment 91623View attachment 91625

http://www.schifferlbauer.com/Seite77.html

and

Willi Meischl - HMS York see

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/hms-york-70-gun-ship-1680.3158/#post-59923

Willi and Adolf built also once a model of the Admiral Tegetthoff in scale 1:20, which was part of a film production of the austrian television and Willi made for the same film production the rigging of one 1:1 model of the same ship

View attachment 91626View attachment 91627
scale 1:20

View attachment 91631
1:1 model preparation in Vienna

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Tegetthoff_(Schiff)

View attachment 91630View attachment 91628View attachment 91629
installation of the model in the Arctic where finally the film was partly produced

But this is a different story ........

Fine models, interesting projects and very nice guys - I hope to participate regularly in these Jour Fix meetings

The groups name is Modellbaugruppe I.G.MSS and the web-page organized by Willi is
http://www.schifferlbauer.com/index.html
Looks like a great time for some Auslese...!

Hallo you good people from Vienna, now I have discovered you. It is a great pleasure to watch you. Beautiful things you make there, just great.
Habe die Ehre.
So, when you plan a visit of the beautiful city of Vienna, you should plan it around the last thursday of the month.
So you could join us - you are invited and welcome to join us.

Yesterday´s Highlight was off course Peter´s model of the HMS St Albans (1761) in scale 1:72, which under construction - main works on the hull are finished and he started now the preparation and works on masts

here some impressions of this beautiful model - imagine her when she will be fully rigged :cool:

PS: I got on a stick photos of the model during construction and will prepare a small building log in Peter´s name..... stay tuned ...

View attachment 110206

View attachment 110211

View attachment 110193

View attachment 110194

View attachment 110195

View attachment 110196

View attachment 110204

View attachment 110200

View attachment 110205

View attachment 110202

View attachment 110203

View attachment 110213

View attachment 110212

View attachment 110197

View attachment 110198

View attachment 110199

View attachment 110214

View attachment 110201

View attachment 110208

View attachment 110216

View attachment 110218

View attachment 110215
Beautiful work! Scratch built?

Beautiful work! Scratch built?
Yes it is - and you can find a started building log of the scratch model here:

Hallo, es war nach langer Zeit ein sehr schönes Treffen. Es macht mir immer wieder Freude mit euch Fachgespräch zu halten. Und die tollen Modelle motivieren immer wieder aufs neue

Stefan

Hallo, after a longer time it was a very nice meeting. I always enjoy holding technical discussions with you. And the great models motivate again and again in addition
Hallo Stefan alias @George I
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I realized, that it is already a longer time ago, posting photos from our regular meetings in Vienna.

Yesterday we had our monthly "date" drinking some beer or wine, and talking about ships in general and also about the models we are working on

IMG_0196a.jpg
from left to right:
Uwe alias @Uwek , Willi alias @schifferlbauer , Peter (he will start in short time the Le Coureur) , Stefan alias @George I and Gabor

Stefan had his model of the HMS Royal George with him, which we know from his building log

IMG_0185a.jpg

Some details of this amazing framwork in BOXWOOD

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

and

off course I had my HMS Granado from CAF with me

IMG_0200a.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

I realized, that it is already a longer time ago, posting photos from our regular meetings in Vienna.

Yesterday we had our monthly "date" drinking some beer or wine, and talking about ships in general and also about the models we are working on

View attachment 320807
from left to right:
Uwe alias @Uwek , Willi alias @schifferlbauer , Peter (he will start in short time the Le Coureur) , Stefan alias @George I and Gabor

Stefan had his model of the HMS Royal George with him, which we know from his building log

View attachment 320798

Some details of this amazing framwork in BOXWOOD

View attachment 320799

View attachment 320800

View attachment 320801

View attachment 320802

View attachment 320803

View attachment 320804

View attachment 320805

View attachment 320806

and

off course I had my HMS Granado from CAF with me

View attachment 320810

View attachment 320809

View attachment 320808

In Hebrew there is a song about friendship whose couplet describes you in pictures: "Here is what is good and what is pleasant, brothers sitting together..."
Both of your ships are very impressive and beautiful!
A agree that the HMS Royal George does indeed have an amazing presence because of the boxwood and also because of the quality of the planning and work.
All the best to you, there is nothing like meeting good people to maintain friendships and share knowledge and experience.
we here also try to meet once a month and it is simply a pleasure.Thumbsup:D

I realized, that it was already a longer time ago, that I posted something about the regular meeting in Vienna.
We still meet every last Thursday in the month

IMG_4208.jpg

Whenever somebody is visiting Vienna you are invited to join

It was an interesting meeting and we talk about the problems what some of the models have, like the TRIAL and the ROYAL GEORGE, because
some Pictures of important details are not correct. The Highlight was the perfect model of Uwe. We had some fun, drinking beer and wine and so
I could say it was a very nice day.
Willi (schifferlbauer)

It was an interesting meeting and we talk about the problems what some of the models have, like the TRIAL and the ROYAL GEORGE, because
some Pictures of important details are not correct. The Highlight was the perfect model of Uwe. We had some fun, drinking beer and wine and so
I could say it was a very nice day.
Willi (schifferlbauer)
is this you, Willy with the pipe? What brand/bland of tobacco you are smocking? I love Savinelly's Brunello flakes...

1706298840345.png

Back