mini lathe

Hi Moxis, As i just said to Dave about the dremells I have at least 12 of them all ranges i check every so often on rotary tools on ebay and sometimes I can get the 395s type5 for between $10.00 and $15.00 so far have not burnt any out but if i do no big deal and I thank all for your help and advice good to have friends who tell it like it is only on SOS. Don

Don, if you mount your dremmel in a drill press mount ( dremmel make one) and use the XY underneath with a mini vice, you have the equivalent of a mill. The only issue I see is if you wanted to mill Aluminium on it. Otherwise boted to a desk it should be fine with milling bits. A Mill / CNCN is meant to run at low revs ansit not a down cut. The Proxxon is nice,but over princed for its limited cutting range. You just need to lock the Z direction in fine increments

THANKS PAUL, I agree I can not afford the PROZON, and I do think it overpriced, my problem is I do not know how to lock the Z function, the X-Y TABLE is on MY DRMELL WORK STATION. Don

Back