Mini Table Saw Recommendations?

I rebuilt a Sears ca. 1950 bench saw and am very happy with it. They are not hard to find and usually very inexpensive. But only available in the USA and Canada. Here is an old posting:

Thanks Jim. I notice there are a few on the Micromark website. Would the Microlux miniature table saw (#8775) be a good choice?
Yes…for the occasional light use modeling. If your budget allows kick up to the Mini Tilt Arbor Table Saw option. That is the one I have and I have been very satisfied...

I am leaning towards the Microlux Mini Tilt arbor Table Saw, but they are only available from the US Micro-Mark site and the shipping cost to Canada is over $100 US. So, I am now wondering if anyone has any advice about the Proxxon FET table saw. That one I can buy locally, so no duties or shipping costs.

CHECK THE ITEM ON AMOZON I BUY A LOT OF MICR LUX TOOLS AT THERE PRICES BUT NO SHIPPING JUST CHECK IT OUT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
YES!! I found it on the US Amazon site and there is a shipping cost to Canada, but nothing like the one that was quoted on Micro-mark. THANKS!

After reading all the reviews, comparing prices and shipping costs, I decided to go with the Proxxon FET model. One reason was that it was available locally, so no shipping and duties to pay. Hopefully I made a good choice. A question I have is do I need other blades (a 24 tooth comes with it)? For the most part I will be crosscutting softwoods, very occasionally ripping strips for planks, the smallest size being maybe 1 x 3 mm, but most often 1 or 2 mm x 4 or 5 mm.

After reading all the reviews, comparing prices and shipping costs, I decided to go with the Proxxon FET model. One reason was that it was available locally, so no shipping and duties to pay. Hopefully I made a good choice. A question I have is do I need other blades (a 24 tooth comes with it)? For the most part I will be crosscutting softwoods, very occasionally ripping strips for planks, the smallest size being maybe 1 x 3 mm, but most often 1 or 2 mm x 4 or 5 mm.
Is the supplied blade carbide tipped?

I saw a previous post where someone recommended a 36 tooth tungsten blade. What would be the difference between the 24 and 36 teeth? Cleaner cut?
Higher tooth count typically gives a smooth cut and are generally used for cross cutting. They are also used for less tear out on plywoods and laminates. Note the feed rate is a bit slower. Lower tooth counts are better for ripping. One other thing- there are several different grinds typically available.

Carbide tipped blades way outlast standard steel blades. They can also cut through non-ferrous metals like brass, copper and aluminum.
Thanks Phil. Another question: the table saw comes with a 24 teeth blade. I also see other blades with a greater number of teeth (see attached). I will be making some fine cuts, e.g. 45 degree angle cuts on 2 x 5 mm strips, etc.. Do I need another blade in addition to the 24 teeth one?Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 11.41.43 AM.png

Back