Model Expo problems

Just relax, drink some scotch and wait, I already told you that your model will be shipped to you.
Are you always this inpatient?

Last edited:
I also have stuff waiting from Corel myself.
What is it that you need, we have lots of material from Europe that sometimes could be despatch to accommodate for Corel.
We buy material from the same place that Corel does.
We might have what you need in the house.
My order was AB-60342
MS3202, Model Shipways Tanganica Strips .5x4x(500mm) 12 Pack, $6.99 each, Quantity ordered = 7 subtotal $48.93 Total paid including shipping $58.92

The strips are for deck planking. Corel has always been my source because multiple batches tend to have consistent close matching coloration and grain, as well as being accurately cut. If a substitute is available, I am wondering if the color will be off, based on the wood coming from a vastly different source, outside normal expectation in color and grain variations.

Yes I think I remember you now.
I am not sure but I could check tomorrow to see if we have tanganica at the shop.
I recall my boss telling me that even Corel does not have tanganica and it was waiting for their supplier for restocking.
Now, that is old news because I asked a few weeks ago, so what I will do tomorrow is ask him again about this particular wood.
I also have a direct contact with Corel and will send him an email to see what is the situation.

So, let me see if I get this straight.
I received your complaint, I asked our Production Manager to get your model out the door ASAP, he places your printed order on top of your model, takes a picture, sends it to me and I post it here for everyone to see how I take care of my fellow forum members and you said that all of that is BS.
Well, you might not drink scotch or you might not be impatient but for sure you are a very ungrateful fellow.
This will be my last post about this subject.

Yes I think I remember you now.
I am not sure but I could check tomorrow to see if we have tanganica at the shop.
I recall my boss telling me that even Corel does not have tanganica and it was waiting for their supplier for restocking.
Now, that is old news because I asked a few weeks ago, so what I will do tomorrow is ask him again about this particular wood.
I also have a direct contact with Corel and will send him an email to see what is the situation.
Wow. Corel doesn't even have any. The line grows even longer. The lack of tanganica brings my build to a screeching halt as far as the deck in concerned. Good luck Bluebeard!

Last edited:
It is frustrating having to wait for supplies, or finding out what you need is out of stock or on backorder. Bluebeard is trying to help, but can only do so much, and tell us what he has been told. This is a hobby, not life and death so take a chill pill and deal with it.Don't shoot the messenger , he isn't the one in charge.

Thanks Bluebeard, I really appreciate it.
Say Bluebeard, haven’t heard anything and I know if you would have found anything you would have responded by now, so I guess nothing to report, but thanks for looking and appreciate all your help. I think the Armed Virginia Sloop is a fairly popular model so hoping it comes back in stock soon.

I think I posted this in the wrong thread but wanted to let Blue Beard know my Armed Virginia Sloop arrived yesterday, packaged perfectly and in perfect shape, so thanks for all your help and assistance. Took a while but glad to get it and now the pressure is on, HA!

Order update. After months of no response from John at Model Expo (thanks to Bluebeard for the past updates), I finally got one response regarding the order below.

MS3202 Model Shipways Tanganica Strips .5x4x(500mm) 12 Pack, subtotal $6.99, Quantity 7, Total $48.93

John's response was simply: "MS3202 is out of stock, we will ship within two weeks."

That's it. No details. I learned it was out of stock from the website four months ago. Not helpful.

Update to the update:

I just found an email John at Model expo sent. Some more information:

"Hi Kurt,

We are still waiting for our supply of Tanganica Strips.
We will be able to ship your order within two weeks.
If we do not ship, we will cancel your order and credit your charge card."

That's much better. It at least tells me that they are still waiting for the strips from Corel, which is perfectly fine. If they were sitting the wood in their stock for the past four months, then I'd have an issue. From this, I can finally determine that the issue is with the shipment from Corel. I hate being kept in the dark.

Back