Model Expo Showroom

I remember the time when a Doctor…(forgot his name)…always wanted to visit the store so he made the trip from upstate and took a taxi from the airport straight to the store.
That particular day I was at the store and gave him a personal tour of the entire facility and explained the fabrication process of his favorite model the “CHARLES MORGAN WHALE BARK 1:64 SCALE

I remember a time when a customer came from upstate just to see the store and took a taxi from the airport straight to the store.
That particular day I was at the store and gave him a complete tour of the facility and showed him the fabrication process of his favorite model, “The CHARLES MORGAN WHALE BARK 1:64 SCALE

I’m in awe! Tremendous showroom. Taking a slight turn north…if anyone is in the Hyde Park, New York area…(probably brought up before) it’s worth a visit to FDR’s home. There’s a maritime exhibit that when I was there as a teenager was just one of the most amazing! It’s been a really long time since then but I would think that it’s still awesome. (I just looked up the website and it appears that it still has a substantial exhibit)

Thanks very much for the pictorial presentation of the Model Expo Showroom. I am just starting the rigging on the "Skipjack" Willie L. Bennett, and it is an excellent Model Shipways kit. I didn't know they even had a showroom filled with their models at the new Miami location. But I was aware that you just can't do "walk-ins" that were previously allowed.

Thanks very much for the pictorial presentation of the Model Expo Showroom. I am just starting the rigging on the "Skipjack" Willie L. Bennett, and it is an excellent Model Shipways kit. I didn't know they even had a showroom filled with their models at the new Miami location. But I was aware that you just can't do "walk-ins" that were previously allowed.
WORKBOATS
Visitors are still allowed, all you have to do is drop an email to Carlos and let him know when will you want to visit so he could confirm it and be there to greet you.
Since the casting department remain at the old address, sometimes Carlos spends the day there.
But personally I can say that Carlos is the main guy at Model Expo and he has a great friendly personality.
Yesterday I designed, printed and laminated some door signage and a welcome sign for the interior that most probably I will install today.
If it happens, I will take pictures.
Again here is Carlos email.
Modelexpo.assembly@gmail.com

I also would like to announce that very soon Model Expo will start selling the “Marmara Trade Boat (16-19 century).
One of our member (DEMATOSDG) has already build this beautiful model and he has a great building log here.
Thank You for that build Dematosdg, this will be another kit that I will add to collection.

00C5F43F-464D-4150-848D-A60B0D4F55BD.jpeg8F41D0A9-CFFE-4BE9-9548-9F4751940542.jpeg01F07778-62C6-4719-A8F9-972F6102A480.jpeg7E3D6516-D2B1-4C49-962F-EF6DFF4F3D05.jpeg61F5CEA1-98A4-4A0F-AB7F-04F8DBE85EB0.jpegA151640C-835B-419E-A3EE-3E65CAF193D0.jpeg0D8C3904-C4C4-472D-B46D-FF25369C96E4.jpeg
AE6B3EC1-EBAA-41B1-9513-0A582738491A.jpeg4ECBE17E-8682-43FC-825B-81C1DDA8462E.jpeg

So, when I was about to leave the store, my brain scream at me and said:”Hey buddy, take one for the road”.
So I did. I hat my hands on a Billings Boats Banckert Radio Control Tug Boat.
FCB690B6-7DE4-4FE4-93A1-FF69D03A87A2.jpeg
This is how high Carlos had to go to get my model.
2D6DC9E7-DC41-4316-9211-766D20A34F33.jpeg

HI BLUE3 BEARD OFF TOPIC A LITTLE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A LONG TIME FOR THE MID WEST TOUR MASTER 961 I ONLY NEED THE 2 PAGE THAT IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PATTERENS, I HAVE STARTED IT AS A SCRATCH BUILD AND AFTER SO MANY MOVES HAVE LOST THE SECOND PAGE HAVE ALL THE OTHER STUFF INSTRUCTIONS, PAG1 ETC. I HAVE QUITE A BIT DONE ON THE BUILD WOULD LIKE TO FINISH IT. IF YOU CAN HELP WOULD APPRECIATE IT I WILL EMBURSE ANY COST INVOLVED, JUST LET ME KNOW. BY THE WAY THAT FRENCH CO. MODELS LOOKS INTERESTING CAN M/E PUT SOME STUFF UP LIKE DETAILS SCALE TYPE OF WOOD, INST. AND YES PRICEING. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

HI BLUE3 BEARD OFF TOPIC A LITTLE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A LONG TIME FOR THE MID WEST TOUR MASTER 961 I ONLY NEED THE 2 PAGE THAT IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PATTERENS, I HAVE STARTED IT AS A SCRATCH BUILD AND AFTER SO MANY MOVES HAVE LOST THE SECOND PAGE HAVE ALL THE OTHER STUFF INSTRUCTIONS, PAG1 ETC. I HAVE QUITE A BIT DONE ON THE BUILD WOULD LIKE TO FINISH IT. IF YOU CAN HELP WOULD APPRECIATE IT I WILL EMBURSE ANY COST INVOLVED, JUST LET ME KNOW. BY THE WAY THAT FRENCH CO. MODELS LOOKS INTERESTING CAN M/E PUT SOME STUFF UP LIKE DETAILS SCALE TYPE OF WOOD, INST. AND YES PRICEING. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Donfarr:
I know as a fact that the MID WEST TOUR MASTER 961 is not yet in production but from what I saw today at the shop, I believe that they do have the original box/model, that being said, whenever I go back there again I will look for it and make the copy you need.

Donfarr:
Do you have any pictures of that project you started?

Bluebeard: Many thanks for the excellent and highly detailed photos of the Willie L. Bennett Skipjack located at the Model Expo museum in Miami. The pictures you have provided will be tremendously helpful as I finish up my version of the kit over the next few months. I will be submitting the photography here, and am really looking forward to completing what has been about a 6 month build working only a few hours each day. Having just recently joined this forum, the benefits from helpful people like you become very apparent. Thanks again from Aiken, SC!
Completed Builds: Wye River Models, 1/32, Chesapeake Bay Buyboat (wood)
Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, 1/32, Hooper Island Draketail (wood)
Current Builds: Model Shipways, 1/32, Skipjack Willie L. Bennett (wood)

Back