Model Expo Showroom

THANK YOU GREATLY BLUEBEARD YES I CAN POST WHERE I AM AT WITH THE BUILD I LIKE THIS BECAUSE SO NFAR IT IS A TOTAL SCRATCH REALLY WOULD LIKE TO FINISH IT ANY COSTS I WILL GLADLY REIMBURSE EMAIL IS donfarr@live .com. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Bluebeard: Many thanks for the excellent and highly detailed photos of the Willie L. Bennett Skipjack located at the Model Expo museum in Miami. The pictures you have provided will be tremendously helpful as I finish up my version of the kit over the next few months. I will be submitting the photography here, and am really looking forward to completing what has been about a 6 month build working only a few hours each day. Having just recently joined this forum, the benefits from helpful people like you become very apparent. Thanks again from Aiken, SC!
Completed Builds: Wye River Models, 1/32, Chesapeake Bay Buyboat (wood)
Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, 1/32, Hooper Island Draketail (wood)
Current Builds: Model Shipways, 1/32, Skipjack Willie L. Bennett (wood)
Well, I am so glad the pictures motivated you.

And only 378 miles from The Villages in Florida, which can be driven in one long day. Or pay only a few bucks for shipping, and I'll send you the kit UPS and you can save the gasoline money and driving stress! At $95.00, it's way below my actual cost, and a really nice Model Shipways kit. Thanks and I Hope to hear back from you.

Bert Shoemaker, Aiken, SC

Both. I know at the world Cowboy Action championsips they often have a real Gatling, it's something like a dollar a round to fire it. I can only imagine how much fun. But the model looks like it would be fun too!

I love the folks at ME, in my last shipment, the wrapping paper wads on top of the items were sheets of plans from Benjamin W. Latham ship.

Not enough sheets to use to make a model, but just enough to wet the appetite to look into buying a kit later.

One question to make the gun 100% complete what would you suggest for the ammo cartridge tube that mounted on top, a small brass rectangle of proper size to fit the mount bracket?
Sorry Kurt, I missed your question. If memory serves me correctly (which many times it seems to fail me :D ) They had 2 styles of ammo feed. One was the ring magazine as pictured on the real one above and the other was a straight stick magazine then mounted vertically. I don't remember the round count off hand. However, I believe they also had different receivers for the different magazines. If you look at the one in the picture above, there is a plate, front and rear, at the bottom rear of the magazine which looks like it is not a separate piece, but part of the receiver casing. The one that is on the ME kit does not have that plate, so I would imagine that would be for the stick magazines. If you wanted to, it wouldn't be hard to add that plate. :) I also guess it wouldn't be considered a magazine, but more of a feed bin that uses gravity.

1676222239612.png

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back