Model Shipways - Syren

Just got started on this kit. We moved to AL and I haven't gotten my workbench squared away quite yet but wanted to get started. I have 2 wooden workbenches from Harbor Freight but they are a little too small to spread out on so I am building a 4x6 bench on lockable castors as the build bench and will use the others for house projects. Getting my tools out of mothballs and getting a few new ones is nice. I will get a shot of the bench/tools as soon as I finally get it set up sometime next week. I was able to check the inventory and everything is there. Nothing appears damaged. I did notice some of the Britannia parts used for the stern leafing are a little messed up and may need to be reproduced on my sons 3D printer. I'm going to try to post something out here weekly.

Welcome to the forum. I wish you everything of the best with your build of the Syren and look forward to your updates.
Heinrich

Hallo and many thanks for starting the building log of your Syren - We are looking forward to see your work

I will watch this treat with interest. I am building Armed Virginia Sloop from Model shipways, but your model is more complicated according to manuals I have seen.

Good luck and enjoy.

P.S. Definitely do kit review :D.

I'll be following closely also, I will be starting this kit soon too and always enjoy watching others build ti first!

Just got started on this kit. We moved to AL and I haven't gotten my workbench squared away quite yet but wanted to get started. I have 2 wooden workbenches from Harbor Freight but they are a little too small to spread out on so I am building a 4x6 bench on lockable castors as the build bench and will use the others for house projects. Getting my tools out of mothballs and getting a few new ones is nice. I will get a shot of the bench/tools as soon as I finally get it set up sometime next week. I was able to check the inventory and everything is there. Nothing appears damaged. I did notice some of the Britannia parts used for the stern leafing are a little messed up and may need to be reproduced on my sons 3D printer. I'm going to try to post something out here weekly.
Pues espero que lo acabes bien. Yo empecé con el
Well, I hope you finish it well. I started with him

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I trust you are well. Are there any updates on the Syren?

Hallo @JLReeves ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hope to see some progress on your Syren........ would be interesting to see

Back