monitor model

hello everone,
i/m a neophye boat modelet and have built a few bluejacket solid hull boats. i'm hoping to build a frame on plank boat next. i did have one question. i am working on a monitor model. i was wondering the best way to score the deck armor. i was having trouble with cutting acrosss the grain without leaving a frayed edge. many thanks.
tom anderson

First and foremost welcome to the SOS family! We are glad you found us! Please enjoy! if you don't mind, we would love to see your work, and it would even better if you start your own build log ;) You can start your own build log here (see the link below), choose what is more appropriate for your build.

As for your question, one way to cut across the grain without leaving a frayed edge is to tape surface with painter scotch tape, then cut. Use the saw with small teeth.
I hope this ill help.

Welcome also from my side here on board of our forum.

Hallo Tom,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

hello everone,
i/m a neophye boat modelet and have built a few bluejacket solid hull boats. i'm hoping to build a frame on plank boat next. i did have one question. i am working on a monitor model. i was wondering the best way to score the deck armor. i was having trouble with cutting acrosss the grain without leaving a frayed edge. many thanks.
tom anderson
Hallo @toma
Birthday-Cake

hello everone,
tom anderson
one more year....
Hallo @toma
Birthday-Cake

hello everone,
tom anderson
Hallo @toma
Birthday-Cake

Back