MV St. Roch - Billing Boats 605 1:72

St Roch looks great. It certainly looks better with the masts in her original configuration. When I finally finished I took the sails off. I think the final mast locations did not lend itself to sails. The LED lights I used are the little battery powered lights I found at our dollar store. They work well and I have used them again on my current project the" Belem" which is a French sail training ship built in 1896. The self isolation that my wife and I are practicing allows lots of time for boat building and no complaints from the other half.

Stay safe

Bob

Thanks Bob, it was a fun build. I think I will pick up some LED lights (when things get back to normal) for my next project. Not sure what that will be yet.
My best wishes to you and your wife, stay safe and well.

Rann, It is a good site. I spent a long time going over there archive before my build. The history of the ship is actually very impressive.
A little known part of Canadian and RCMP history.
Many thanks and welcome to the forum. Do you build?

I've known about Henry Larson and the St Roch for 50 years.....used to be taught in the '60s as part of Canadian History. Last time I was visiting Vancouver (daughter graduated from UBC) I went onboard the St Roch. They have a few , ahh, interesting boats moored close by.... like the Munin Viking ship, that you can go out cruising the harbour in!

As for model building, My collection is a wee bit eccentric..... everything from the Batmobile, dinosaur skeletons and various scale rockets(both static and flying) and Napoleonic figures. my current projects in planning/research stage right now (due to the pandemic) are the St. Roch and the William Lyon MacKenzie fireboat for bottles. (sorry, before the gang asks, they are already emptied!)