![]() |
The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026! Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue. NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026 |
![]() |
![]() |
As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering. |
![]() |
Thank you! I am striving to make this my best P-38!Great job with the name and everything else.
Those small extra details makes her even more honored, Dean. A great and I suppose emotional job!I touched up the name font and added dark grey background to the pic. It makes the image pop more…
View attachment 642114
Dean, this is turning out to be a beautiful plane. Love the color scheme. I'm curious how you did the picture of your mom. Is it a printed waterslide?
Thank you Peter! Yeah it’s been 2 years, but it still stings. I think this is helping me come to peace with it a little more. Although I wrote her a song I recorded as well.Those small extra details makes her even more honored, Dean. A great and I suppose emotional job!
Regards, Peter







The Dutch also flew the Buffalo, mainly in the Dutch East Indies. It wasn't a decisive success at any rate.On a side note…I found an antique kit of a Brewster Buffalo. So now I will have an example of that aircraft soon.
View attachment 642162
Decals look like they are useless, but I have extras I can use. So I will make do. I also plan on using a grey paint scheme and weathering it some.
My mess when working…lol
View attachment 642163
I have shelves with supplies on them where I keep my paints. So I put them on my desk as I use them. Surprising how many colors I will end up using on an airplane.

The P38 shares the twin boom design and the heavy armament in the nose with the Fokker G1. Their design requirements 't were different though, so the P38 isn't an improved copy of the Fokker G1. Still, they're both good looking planes.Landing gear and doors are on…getting close to being finished!
View attachment 642267View attachment 642268
A side note, there are 9 kill flags on the fuselage to indicate number of aircraft shot down. That is significant because her birthday was Sept 9th.![]()

Nice! I wonder if they make a kit for it in 1/72 scale?The P38 shares the twin boom design and the heavy armament in the nose with the Fokker G1. Their design requirements 't were different though, so the P38 isn't an improved copy of the Fokker G1. Still, they're both good looking planes.
(The picture has been colored by Grok and the original isn't mine either.)
View attachment 642336


