My hands are offline

I did not much building last time. Just a few moments I could do something. The feeling in both of my hands is almost gone. Bij in hospital a few times to see what is going on. The artritis throughout my spine was the first suspect.
Lucky this was not the case. Nerves in both arms are the cause. There are constrictions in both elbows and in both hands. As a result, the nerves in those places are inflamed, which causes me to lose feeling in my fingers. This also causes tingling and often pain in the hands.
Fortunately, it can be treated, first they are going to use a simple procedure to put injections in both wrists. With the hope that this will be conclusive. If this does not improve within a few weeks, then surgery will have to be done in both elbows to give the nerves space.
I hope the injections help and I will be back on my build soon. And if not, we will just continue writing for the magazine De Modelbouwer and wait for better times.

Steef66, you have my deepest sympathy. What any craftsman fears the most is to lose the use of his hands. I pray for your recovery! This is sad news indeed. :(
Thanks Kurt, lucky there is a cure, it would be a different situation if there was something wrong in my spine. That would be an end of my hobby in the future.

I did not much building last time. Just a few moments I could do something. The feeling in both of my hands is almost gone. Bij in hospital a few times to see what is going on. The artritis throughout my spine was the first suspect.
Lucky this was not the case. Nerves in both arms are the cause. There are constrictions in both elbows and in both hands. As a result, the nerves in those places are inflamed, which causes me to lose feeling in my fingers. This also causes tingling and often pain in the hands.
Fortunately, it can be treated, first they are going to use a simple procedure to put injections in both wrists. With the hope that this will be conclusive. If this does not improve within a few weeks, then surgery will have to be done in both elbows to give the nerves space.
I hope the injections help and I will be back on my build soon. And if not, we will just continue writing for the magazine De Modelbouwer and wait for better times.

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope everything turns out okay, thinking and praying for your quick recovery,
Best regards John,

Thanks Paul and John, just before the day in Amsterdam I already got two injections in my left hand, that was for 2 trigger fingers. And that worked out well. So I trust this will come to a good end too.

Hi Stephan. That’s bad news from the South. Hopefully the injections will help you.
Regards, Peter

Hi Stephan,

Good to hear that it can be treated and hope you are very soon back at your build.
Hopefully your hands are able to work behind the computer and you can work on your model in Autocad in the meantime.

Thanks guys for the support, very kind of you all and much appreciate.
24 October over 2 weeks The threatment will start. And 6 weeks later the neurologist will decide if a churgery is necessary.
Yesterday I tried to work on my ship, making a floortimber. Just 15 minutes and it was over. I can’t use force.
Luckely I can work with the keyboard, so working in AutoCAD is no problem Maarten. You need a drawing digitalized? :cool:
Tomorrow I try working on the rigging of the Prins Willem, maybe this is an option. If not, I'll become a sudoku master.

Oh, my Stephan, will pray for a cure for your ailment.

Thanks guys for the support, very kind of you all and much appreciate.
24 October over 2 weeks The threatment will start. And 6 weeks later the neurologist will decide if a churgery is necessary.
Yesterday I tried to work on my ship, making a floortimber. Just 15 minutes and it was over. I can’t use force.
Luckely I can work with the keyboard, so working in AutoCAD is no problem Maarten. You need a drawing digitalized? :cool:
Tomorrow I try working on the rigging of the Prins Willem, maybe this is an option. If not, I'll become a sudoku master.
You know, shell first no drawings.
I thought Peter still had some frames to draw. :)

Hope rigging work goes better.

Back