My latest aquisition : Genmitsu CNC 3018-Prover with extras

Hi,

I received the CNC unit. There is some pictures here. SInce there is a lot of YT video for the assembling, I will pass this step.

I am really astonish by the quality of the packaging. The base seems really sturdy and as the top, it is not a light stuff. The weight of these let me confortable regarding the stability of the unit.

I have question about the way to attach an additional fan on the controler : can I pin it to the GDN 0-5 V bracket ?

So, let me show you the pictures :

First - Unboxing :

box1.jpgbox2.jpgBox3.jpgbox 3b.jpgBox4.jpg

Last edited:
Now if only they had an adapter for reading manuals printed upside down.......

I have the same camera issues, you can edit your post to rotate specific photos as needed.

I think @Donnie posted instructions in the general help section on how to do it.

Edition done in original pictures Kurt.

Thanks Jack... Your shop vac is used in same time as routing or after the job done to clean up ? I pirchased wood and acrylic to make enclosure. Really not sure I done a good move compared to purchased the real stuff from Sainsmart.

Edition done in original pictures Kurt.

Thanks Jack... Your shop vac is used in same time as routing or after the job done to clean up ? I pirchased wood and acrylic to make enclosure. Really not sure I done a good move compared to purchased the real stuff from Sainsmart.
i purchased my enclosure from Sainsmart and yes after the job and during. just have to be careful I guess.

OK. Un gros merci, J'imagine que ce ne sont que les plus grosse machine qui nécessite plus d'entretien en continu.

Thanks you, I figure that only biggest machine require to take much care abouot the cleaning during job process. Wow, Sainsmart enclosure are well made, but the one with the panel on top and on front is not cheap and I begin tio be on budget with all these investments.

Did you invest in the 3040 extension ?

OK. Un gros merci, J'imagine que ce ne sont que les plus grosse machine qui nécessite plus d'entretien en continu.

Thanks you, I figure that only biggest machine require to take much care abouot the cleaning during job process. Wow, Sainsmart enclosure are well made, but the one with the panel on top and on front is not cheap and I begin tio be on budget with all these investments.

Did you invest in the 3040 extension ?
Je crois que oui.
No no extension.
I am not looking for a big machine. Only small wood parts.

One problem during assembling : nut stripping when installing x-z-axis gantry. T-Slot nut are fragile and can be slightly displaced enough to allows stripping of his thread and screw. Had to purchased M5 nut and screw, drum sanding the nut to allow access in the T-slot.

nut stipping.jpg

Now structural aspects are finally covered and end. I found an other manual in the CD version download from Sainsmart web site were I found others details not included in the official manual provided with the unit. This is a part 3 - electrical instructions : driver installation, com port determination, Installation of Candle and connecting to the controller, G-Code running, firmware parameter (firmware upgrade provided on USB Key in the tools box), offline controller, G-Code running and finally z-axis probe utilisation/calibration/G-Code modification.

Next step : electricalpart 3 then axis calibration and testing.

I finished with 1 extra limit switch and some bolts and nuts.

Good evenning

Michel

Last pictures followed :

end4.jpgend3.jpgend1.jpgend2.jpg

Now structural aspects are finally covered and end. I found an other manual in the CD version download from Sainsmart web site were I found others details not included in the official manual provided with the unit. This is a part 3 - electrical instructions : driver installation, com port determination, Installation of Candle and connecting to the controller, G-Code running, firmware parameter (firmware upgrade provided on USB Key in the tools box), offline controller, G-Code running and finally z-axis probe utilisation/calibration/G-Code modification.

Next step : electricalpart 3 then axis calibration and testing.

I finished with 1 extra limit switch and some bolts and nuts.

Good evenning

Michel

Last pictures followed :

View attachment 281270View attachment 281269View attachment 281267View attachment 281268
Dear Michel

You assembled the cnc machine quite very well!
I recommend that you also read the blog I started on the subject. I admit that I am not able to rise with it to the level of engraving and milling of three dimensions,
I am interested to know and learn from you whether you will be able to reach such an ability. good luck :)Thumbsup
thank you and good luck

Thank you Shota70,

I will take a look at your blog. We can share our reading. If sufficent people here are interested, may be the admin can open a special thread level about CNC ?

First results and spoilbaord installed after testing phase :

In order ; MDF, Ply, Maple, Spoilboard. Enfraving size : 4 cm x 0,8 cm. MDF is fragile in this size and Ply gives the worst engraving precision. Rpid speed : 1997, Acceleration : 100; Angle 5 degree, V bits 15 degree 3 mm diam, S6000.

Logo MDF.jpgLogo Plywood.jpgLogo Maple.jpgSpoilbaord installation.jpg

Back