My shipyard/your shipyard

Moxis

Thank you all guys for your interest to my workshop & models.

Janos, there is dust from time to time, but I have to clean it frequently and keep a dust mask when working because I have some breathing problems due to some sort of beginning asthma.

My work spaces aren't as pretty as yours are, they are dusty, cluttered and efficient. I have three main work stations, one for each type of work: small, medium, large. The work I do in each comes together in the main space, the bench. You will notice a few other models laying about in various stages of completion and even a couple sent to me for completion or restoration. You will also notice many of the other types of carvings that I do laying about, including a group of sailors, seamen, fishermen, officers, etc., that I did while visiting my wife in hospital lately, I hate to sit idle and carve while waiting. Enjoy and ask questions if you see something you don't understand. Also included is a pic of my wood storage area, where I can cut my own wood strips from large boards, plane and sand them to usable strips, what ever the species.

Bob

workshop 1.jpg workshop 1b.jpg workshop 2.jpg workshop 2b.jpg workshop 3.jpg workshop 3b.jpg wood storage.jpg

Norway

Moxis, nice workshop indoor you have, I have to do the worst dusty work in my garage and it's cold in the winter.

Bob, it seems like you have full control in your workshoop and enjoy yourself, the most important thing is that we enjoy ourselves with what we are doing.

Good luck to both of you !.

DenisR

My work spaces aren't as pretty as yours are, they are dusty, cluttered and efficient. I have three main work stations, one for each type of work: small, medium, large. The work I do in each comes together in the main space, the bench. You will notice a few other models laying about in various stages of completion and even a couple sent to me for completion or restoration. You will also notice many of the other types of carvings that I do laying about, including a group of sailors, seamen, fishermen, officers, etc., that I did while visiting my wife in hospital lately, I hate to sit idle and carve while waiting. Enjoy and ask questions if you see something you don't understand. Also included is a pic of my wood storage area, where I can cut my own wood strips from large boards, plane and sand them to usable strips, what ever the species.

Bob

Now that is what I call a work shop.

Denis.

Hi Jim, The cans and bottles on the floor are paints that I had to mix to achieve the correct colour, mostly for birds that I have carved. Birds have extrodinary colours and seldom can be achieved by purchasing it off the store shelf, so I have to mix some.

Bob

Jimsky

Hi Jim, The cans and bottles on the floor are paints that I had to mix to achieve the correct colour, mostly for birds that I have carved. Birds have extrodinary colours and seldom can be achieved by purchasing it off the store shelf, so I have to mix some.
...not to mention it is a great bending exercise... hope you take it as a joke, I am just kidding around. I really like your wood selection. What kind of species you have in your stash?

epicdoom

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

I ended up needing more room so I gave the wife my Den to do her sewing and crafts in and I moved my shipyard to an upstairs bedroom that has been empty for 6 years since My daughter moved out. I still need to paint the walls and remove the carpet, but that will have to wait for spring when I can open the windows as I hate new paint smell. this is what I have in the room so far. I want to get another work bench to build my ships on it will give me all the room I need for the ship and materials. I still have my 3D printer laser cutter/engraver to move into the room and I will be getting a spindle drive type engraver for making ship decorations. so I plan on using the current bench for tool storage and will bring them to the top when needed and store them below when I don't. I also have a mini metal lathe and Milling machine but I don't think I will bring those into the room they are on a work bench in the basement and Id prefer to use those down there. And Just an FYI the cigarette butt in the ashtray is my sons who helped me build the bench and bring the tools from my den. He has been moved out for several years now as well, but always willing to come help me when I need it. I will be putting in a central vac system eventually to hook tools up to I hate dust and my wife will murder me in my sleep if I dust everything over. for now I'm using a shop vac. Id love to have 2 more of the benches pictured but I don't want to jam all that into the room so 1 more will be good enough
20190209_193326.jpg 20190209_193337.jpg