Nauticurso Mighty Mite 1:64 Scale

Ok Guys,
Here is my building log about this little “Tugboat That Could.”
Model Expo commissioned this model to me and it will be exhibited at the Las Vegas 2021 NRHSA CONVENTION & TABLE TOP EXPO.
You can look it up also on the Model Expo website.
100.jpg101.jpgAt the show, Model Expo will be sharing the table with Mamoli and OcCre, great combination of model manufactures.

When I first started to build this model, I was under pressure with a deadline, so I dint want to waste time taking pictures but after I saw Barry1 post of his tug I knew I had to do mine also.
So, you will have to excuse me because I will use a few pictures from the instructions manual.

1.jpg

The kit comes with a building base where ou attach all of the frames.

After to cut off the upper frames sections is was time to close the stern y cutting small pieces of leftover plank and glue them in parallel by tapering each plank.
After that the hull recived a coat of Super Fil by Poly Fiber. I love that stuff.

IMG_0413.jpgIMG_E0350.JPGIMG_0352.JPGIMG_E0355.JPGIMG_E0356.JPGIMG_E0353.JPGIMG_9515.JPG

Assembling the Pilot House was an easy chore. I let the main wall soak in my Jacuzzi for 20 minutes and it was very easy to bend into shape.
The engine room cover was also an easy task, but the detailing in the paint took me a very long time.IMG_0417.jpgIMG_0418.jpgIMG_0419.jpgIMG_0420.jpgIMG_0422.jpgIMG_0454.jpg

I overengeenired many parts of the model but that is just me.
The metal parts where very difficult to file into shape because the maker didn’t use Brittania metal but something else extremely hard.

View attachment 253908View attachment 253909View attachment 253910View attachment 253911View attachment 253912View attachment 253913View attachment 253914View attachment 253915View attachment 253916View attachment 253917View attachment 253918View attachment 253919
I really like the detailing. I wish I had your pics while I was building this. Great work!

Barry is the other way around.
You inspired me to do what I did.
We could have add more details but on my case, I didn’t have enough time.

Hello. You've got a beautiful model. I like. Can I ask you to take a high-quality photo of the technical draft of this model. I want to make it myself and not from a set. but I can't find a good drawing.
Sorry for the bad English, the computer was translating

I will let Bluebeard give you a more complete answer but the kit is available from Model Expo. They may have the drawings you are looking for available for sail.

Hello. You've got a beautiful model. I like. Can I ask you to take a high-quality photo of the technical draft of this model. I want to make it myself and not from a set. but I can't find a good drawing.
Sorry for the bad English, the computer was translating
Dimms:
This model does not include a technical draft or blueprints, all it has are two small 8x10” prints included with the building manual.
One side view and one top view.
Monday I will be in the shop and will take pictures of those prints.

Dimms:
This model does not include a technical draft or blueprints, all it has are two small 8x10” prints included with the building manual.
One side view and one top view.
Monday I will be in the shop and will take pictures of those prints.
Thanks for the help. It's a pity that there is no technical draft. I'll see what you take a picture of, maybe I can use it.

Back