Navio Guipuzcoano 1778 ( later HMS Prince William 1780) by Fermin Urtizberea Oronoz

Fantastico come progetto , un modello splendido e un lavoro stupendo .Molto interessante come lavoro di gruppo .

google translation:
Fantastic as a project, a splendid model and a wonderful job. Very interesting as a group work

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to take the chance of looking like a total noob or dummy but, is that really a brick wall inside the ship? If so whats it's purpose? A blast wall
for the powder magazine? I've just never seen that before, but the books I've read never went into much detail on whats inside a tall ship. I googled but
didnt really find anything.

Clair

Im going to take the chance of looking like a total noob or dummy but, is that really a brick wall inside the ship? If so whats it's purpose? A blast wall
for the powder magazine? I've just never seen that before, but the books I've read never went into much detail on whats inside a tall ship. I googled but
didnt really find anything.

Clair
Hallo Clair,
it seems, that this complete wall made out of bricks is a very specific detail of the spanish ships

Once I asked the same question and got the answer here in Ramon´s building log:

This brick bulkhead is the separation between the warehouse and the powder room. The protection is not for quicksilver, it is for powder.
The powder storage room has bulkheads reinforced with bricks and / or masonry.
The upper level (orlop) will be the room of encartuchado and the "santabarbara" (cellar of the constable) and the room of the lantern. All this is the set of the ship's powder.

On a forum like SOS, you can learn every day something new ...... :cool:

unfortunately we don't hear from Claire along time, I hope that she feels good

Any new update for this project?

Back