Navy Academy Museum, Annapolis, MD

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

I visited the Navy Academy Museum in Annapolis, MD while I was visiting wife's family in Sterling, VA. The time was very limited and I did the best I could in taking 251 photos of ship models. I also tried to include the plaque (name) of the ship at the end of each ship(s) photo. I hope you all enjoy these photos. Most of these models were huge - some about 5 feet long.

So, since there are so many photos, I made a link to a online version of the link below:
http://www.shipsofscale.com/Maryland/NavyAcademyMuseum/museum.html

Donnie
collage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent photography, Donnie. I had a look at the link and obviously need to set aside a quiet hour to do it justice. Thanks for sharing.

I visited the Navy Academy Museum in Annapolis, MD while I was visiting wife's family in Sterling, VA. The time was very limited and I did the best I could in taking 251 photos of ship models. I also tried to include the plaque (name) of the ship at the end of each ship(s) photo. I hope you all enjoy these photos. Most of these models were huge - some about 5 feet long.

So, since there are so many photos, I made a link to a online version of the link below:
http://www.shipsofscale.com/Maryland/NavyAcademyMuseum/museum.html

Donnie
View attachment 28845
Holy Guacamole !!! Donnie - this link is amazing ;)

Many thanks for reactivating this topic.....great photos of beautifull models.
The museum is realy worth a visit.

Your visit to the Rogers Collection caught my eye and in particular, the Culver model of The Sovereign of the Seas. During my visit there in 2000, I neglected to get as many detailed photos of the Sovereign as we were in a rush to get back home to Canada from the NRG conference in Newport News VA. Some of your photos have given me the insight into this beautiful model I needed for my reference. Thank you for posting the link to your pics.

Regards,
Bill

Last edited:
Great photos of beautiful models.
Thanks for „reactivating“ this topic

I installed a temporary page so the link will not be broken and also provides a reference point for me.

What a great bunch of pictures, and a valuable resource. The fact that some of the models are extremely old just goes to show that our models could last for generations. What a legacy.

Love maritime museums. If you ever get a chance to go to the one in Savanna Georgia it’s good too. Has plenty scrimshaw pieces. Thanks for posting.

Back