Neck and Back

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

Well,
For the first time, I have started going to a chiropractor to treat my neck and back. I am not sure if other countries do this or not.
They say that proper alignment of spine and neck solves many health problems. The X-rays show that my neck and spine has some problems.
:oops:

Well,
For the first time, I have started going to a chiropractor to treat my neck and back. I am not sure if other countries do this or not.
They say that proper alignment of spine and neck solves many health problems. The X-rays show that my neck and spine has some problems.

:oops:
Welcome to the old age mate.
Many years ago I spotted a number sticker which read:
Age is a FATAL Disease!Speechless
20180930_152451.jpg
I concur with that statement 100%.
Havagoodone if you can.
Greg

I use to go to a chiropractor due to back problems I found out as long as you keep going to a chiropractor it relieves the problem. The thing is chiropractor does not cure or fix anything, so you have to keep going back. I look at it the body is like a rubble band you can stretch it and adjust it but in the end it always snaps beck to its original shape. I told my Chiropractor this is like a drug dealer you go in for a "fix" and it does fix things temporarily and then your back again and again until it starts costing way to much

Ik went for years but after 2 days its the same again . I have verry weak bones and when i pick up someting from the ground and do that wrong a break bones. He always did my neck and now its worn. When i turn my head now you can hear a crack sound everytime. Dont go.

this is what a "doctor" with a MD after his name told me I have. seeing a chiropractor is about the same results as seeing a witch doctor or voodoo queen. Expect the same results

I am getting old and this is expected and making adjustments has no effect on arthritis

What Is Osteoarthritis?

Osteoarthritis is also known as degenerative joint disease. It is a condition in which the protective cartilage that cushions the tops of bones degenerates, or wears down. This causes swelling and pain. It may also cause the development of osteophytes, or bone spurs.
What Is Osteoarthritis of the Spine?
Osteoarthritis of the spine is a breakdown of the cartilage of the joints and discs in the neck and lower back.

Sometimes, osteoarthritis produces spurs that put pressure on the nerves leaving the spinal column. This can cause weakness and pain in the arms or legs.
Who Gets Osteoarthritis of the Spine?
In general, osteoarthritis happens as people get older. Younger people may get it from one of several different causes

I always feel good leaving the chiropractor, but once I'm in the truck going home my back is killing me again so I stopped going and started doing back strengthening exercises. I haven't had a back issue in 7 years. not sure exercise will work for all situations but for me with a compressed disc and one destroyed nearly it helps tremendously.

I always feel good leaving the chiropractor, but once I'm in the truck going home my back is killing me again so I stopped going and started doing back strengthening exercises. I haven't had a back issue in 7 years. not sure exercise will work for all situations but for me with a compressed disc and one destroyed nearly it helps tremendously.

Exactly, a chiropractor is not enough alone, you need stretching and strengthening exercises too.

these guys are very good ,worth to watch these videos.

I stretch and exercise every day and it helps that I'm an active person hunting, fishing, hiking and such. I'm approaching 53 years of age I know many of you are older them me from chatting with you so I get it not everyone can get out to do these things nor do they have the time. I was in that funk called life also, but I made the decision to take time for ME to make sure my health is my primary concern. I mean after all no one else was gonna do it for me Right? so Make time no excuses just do it. Zoly is right in his prevention statement and I know many of you have heard the term "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" when I look back at how bad my back issue were, not being able to sleep cant stand for longer then a few min and then it hurts to sit. hard to climb stairs pain lasting for months on end and addiction to pain meds as a result. I'm happy now that I strength train. I have a ton of other issues but hurting back and Muscles are none of them. Back exercise can be done easily sitting in a chair or laying on the floor no weights are needed almost all orthopedic doctors can give you an exercise plan based on you activities level. I want you all in good health so you can keep creating beautiful work of art that we all get to enjoy here on this great forum so no more excuses talk to your doctor Please.

you guys need to stretch and exercise even if you don't have any issues and pain, prevention is easier than fix a problem when you have it already

prevention is good except for Arthritis and getting old nothing you can do to prevent it. Exercise is a very good thing and at 70 I still roll around big logs, split and stack firewood quite active or as much as I can without hurting myself

Well, I agree to all statements. There are things that an MD can't fix (due to their training) and then there are things a Chiropractor can do, and vise versa. I agree that a Chiropractor cannot heal arthritis, and things of that sort, plus other myriad of things.
All I can say is that so far, it is working for me. My posture has greatly increased for the better. As a matter of fact, it is unnatural for me to slouch. I don't consider myself as having very bad posture, but it can improve. I did notice that I do stand up straighter now. People notice it. I used to make myself sit up straight and it felt I was in a strain. Now, I do not feel a strain at all. It feels more natural now to sit up straight.
Next, he has me on a 3 month plan - 3x per week for one month and next two months 2x week. I do not know what is going to happen after that.
I also have some homecare excersize equipment that I had to buy. One is a neck traction device that hangs off the door. Then a rubber cushion that you sit on and do excersies with that. Then there is a 5 pound weight that I wear for 5 min to strengthen muscles in my neck.

One thing is that my "Atlas Bone" which is the first cervical bone is out of wack. He said that if that is not right, then no amount of other adjustments will make any difference. This is why I have been having headaches at the base of my skull just about every morning.

Back