I feel like a dope; just finished the keel prep and have three head scratchers.
1, They ask for the piece glued to the keel end (can't recall the part name) that the rudder will mount to be tapered. Is that to match the taper on the keel cause by the wide rabbit and thinner keel at that point?
2. they ask for the edge of the keel at the bow to be tapered. This will wipe out the rabbit edge and no mention of how far to carry the tapper.
Hull planks would have nothing to mate to.
3. I dry fitted the bulk heads. The lower edge where it tapers down to the keel covers part of the rabbit. Some of them cover the whole rabbit. I understand that the hull plank should fit in the rabbit to make a smooth transition. I'm pretty certain that the rabbit should not be moved toward the keel edge; would run out of material. Only other option I can see would be to fair the bulk head edge to a point above the rabbit. This seems like a nasty job to get all bulkheads faired to each other after changing the shape.
Suggestions please. Thanks
1, They ask for the piece glued to the keel end (can't recall the part name) that the rudder will mount to be tapered. Is that to match the taper on the keel cause by the wide rabbit and thinner keel at that point?
2. they ask for the edge of the keel at the bow to be tapered. This will wipe out the rabbit edge and no mention of how far to carry the tapper.
Hull planks would have nothing to mate to.
3. I dry fitted the bulk heads. The lower edge where it tapers down to the keel covers part of the rabbit. Some of them cover the whole rabbit. I understand that the hull plank should fit in the rabbit to make a smooth transition. I'm pretty certain that the rabbit should not be moved toward the keel edge; would run out of material. Only other option I can see would be to fair the bulk head edge to a point above the rabbit. This seems like a nasty job to get all bulkheads faired to each other after changing the shape.
Suggestions please. Thanks






