Need experts help

this was taken when I visited the UCC Constitution, but the ship was taken down for repairs. This seems to be the best shot of the wheels. Can't really tell that much.
The Bolts do look about right.

Attachments

• 1588428646059.jpeg
    1588428646059.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 16
Jimsky, Mikeyt here, used to build Architectural models and in doing so I delt with a company in the, City of Industry California 91748, called Plastruct Inc who manufacture just about any Industrial or Architectural shape you might ever need for modeling, from sheeting to miniature shapes of all kinds, including round rods and hex rods 10 to a pack and their about 10 inches long. Down load their Catalogue it's just full of extraneous information and it's all on the internet for free and it's worth the read

Jimsky I think what you have done looks great but I agree the pencil idea makes sense too. If you wanted, you could drive in tiny nails from the other side, round off the points and black them but that would be a lot more work without significant improvement in look.

My vote is (a) The bolts look just about right to me. I have some images of real cannon and carriages somewhere.
:) Many thanks, Donnie for your vote. I would love to see some photos and sure others will benefit as well.

You could always get some HO scale boltheads and glue them in place. That would really freak some people out. I know Walthers carries them and they're not that expensive.
Thanks, Jim (from Jim). I am afraid, those plastic bolts will not fit in the 0.25mm hole... but I do like them, I have bookmarked this page.

Jimsky, Mikeyt here, used to build Architectural models and in doing so I delt with a company in the, City of Industry California 91748, called Plastruct Inc who manufacture just about any Industrial or Architectural shape you might ever need for modeling, from sheeting to miniature shapes of all kinds, including round rods and hex rods 10 to a pack and their about 10 inches long. Down load their Catalogue it's just full of extraneous information and it's all on the internet for free and it's worth the read
Thanks, Mikeyt. I have heard about this site. It is definitely worth checking out. Is anyone interested? The link below.

https://www.plastruct.com/collections/all

Jimsky I think what you have done looks great but I agree the pencil idea makes sense too. If you wanted, you could drive in tiny nails from the other side, round off the points and black them but that would be a lot more work without significant improvement in look.
Thanks for the opinion, Thomas. The front (larger diameter) wheel is 3.5mm diameter and I have to make 5 bolts. Because the size is too small, it is also difficult to draw equal distance between them...Oh well...

Plastruct makes some really cool stuff for just about anything you might want to build, in just about any scale - except 1/64 or S-scale for you model RRers out there. So you may have to fudge it a bit if you're building in that scale. I use their stuff all the time.

Back