need to find wood for my model.

i was just wondering if timberyard lumber is still milling wood? have ordered wood from them before but cant seem to find them now. can anyone help me find milled and sanded long pieces of wood[1/16x1/4x50inches] hope someone can help me. hope to hear from a member. thanks terry umeck

i was just wondering if timberyard lumber is still milling wood? have ordered wood from them before but cant seem to find them now. can anyone help me find milled and sanded long pieces of wood[1/16x1/4x50inches] hope someone can help me. hope to hear from a member. thanks terry umeck
Contact @Dave Stevens (Lumberyard)

contacted him. he can only do wood that i 36" long. half my model is done with second planking and need more wood to finish. dont like the looks of smaller planks butted together. guess if i can't find someone to help me ill put the model in mothballs till later. any other sources for long pieces of milled wood that anyone knows of? thanks terry

contacted him. he can only do wood that i 36" long. half my model is done with second planking and need more wood to finish. dont like the looks of smaller planks butted together. guess if i can't find someone to help me ill put the model in mothballs till later. any other sources for long pieces of milled wood that anyone knows of? thanks terry
Maybe BIBICON can help.....
Take a Look at my topic in the Same area...... high quality timber.

Russia is on lock down ,I think Jim mentioned somewhere that Bibigon is not shipping now

Sorry......here is the link to the topic
Thanks Jim for asking Sergey

Good news for anyone who needed timber for their models. The email I have sent to Sergey gets caught him in his woodshop executing orders. Yes, he is opened to busyness and taking orders. :) He doesn't have black hornbeam a.c.a. 'black grab' but the rest of the wood available in billets and resawn strips.
He also mentions a bit in shipping delay as the post office allows only a few people in a time and it is huge lines every day.

Good luck everyone, Sergey is waiting for your orders!

Hello Terry
You may have luck from this place here in the UK and they are open for online sales I have just received an order they are an excellent company and very helpful.
Kind regards
Paul

the lumberyard for model shipwrights is still here and we are still milling wood.

I have limited the trips to the post office due to covid19 so there is a delay in sending out orders. At the beginning of April there were like 163 cases today 13,000 so there is a monster in the neighborhood I would like to avoid

the lumberyard for model shipwrights is still here and we are still milling wood.

I have limited the trips to the post office due to covid19 so there is a delay in sending out orders. At the beginning of April there were like 163 cases today 13,000 so there is a monster in the neighborhood I would like to avoid
Dave,I thought you are closed

Jim, did you ever re-source the black hornbeam? You've gotten me looking as I want to get a bit for when I get my hands on Trident's Alert. I noticed a lot of companies are making fairly nice long blanks for billiard cues. Just wondering how to go about getting it from the Ukraine or Russia

Who might be good source of dark African Walnut, I need one long strip to finish my cross section whales...

small strip 4x4mm by 1M length

Back