New Builder in Colorado

you might want to go over to our sister site Navy Board Models and check out what's over there.

you will find an index of build logs to both forums SoS and MSB

you might want to go over to our sister site Navy Board Models and check out what's over there.

you will find an index of build logs to both forums SoS and MSB
Thanks Dave. I was ready your research on Frank Kirby last night. Very insightful. I did some early restoration on the Ste Claire long before she came back to Detroit. That’s her in my profile pic, post-fire. I would love to find a kit of either the BobLo Boats or the Tashmoo.

Thanks Dave. I was ready your research on Frank Kirby last night. Very insightful. I did some early restoration on the Ste Claire long before she came back to Detroit. That’s her in my profile pic, post-fire. I would love to find a kit of either the BobLo Boats or the Tashmoo.

living just south of Cleveland Ohio I grew up with the lakes history and the ships that sailed the lakes. There is a lot of information if you know where to look.

Tashmoo

she was a sidewheel passenger launched 12,30,1899 built by the Detroit ship building company

she struck a rock in the Detroit river and sank at a dock in Amherstburg Ont. on June 18 1936. Raised the same year and scrapped.

there are 6 sheets of drawings but at this time I do not know what the drawings are

found it
well if you were to build the Tashmoo it would have to be from scratch

available plans are
outboard profile
hull lines
midship section
deck plans
rudder
and plans listed as miscellaneous so whatever that is sometimes they are interior wood work, stair cases,

found it
well if you were to build the Tashmoo it would have to be from scratch

available plans are
outboard profile
hull lines
midship section
deck plans
rudder
and plans listed as miscellaneous so whatever that is sometimes they are interior wood work, stair cases,

That is incredible. I’ve never build a model from scratch, let alone out of wood. Time to research that process. May I ask where you found the plans? Thank you for researching this.

just because you never build a scratch model should not stop you there are enough members here who just love to add their 2 cents and you may end up rich in information.

as far as how did I get that so fast? I was a volunteer in the library of the Inland Seas maritime Museum for years so I know where to look
the plan information came from

Naval Architectural Drawings
1867 to 1920
American Ship Building Company and Predecessors
center for archival collections MS-212

a publication available to museums and libraries

for the BobLo boats start here

as far as modeling one that is what we are here for we can help I various ways to model the boat

just because you never build a scratch model should not stop you there are enough members here who just love to add their 2 cents and you may end up rich in information.

as far as how did I get that so fast? I was a volunteer in the library of the Inland Seas maritime Museum for years so I know where to look
the plan information came from

Naval Architectural Drawings
1867 to 1920
American Ship Building Company and Predecessors
center for archival collections MS-212

a publication available to museums and libraries
Thank you very much for going to such efforts. Do you know if I can request/purchase a copy of the plans? I think this would be a terrific project.

for the BobLo boats start here

as far as modeling one that is what we are here for we can help I various ways to model the boat

I really appreciate your offer to help. As much as my Titanic is an emotional build for me, the Tashmoo would mean so much more to me personally as she was a passion I shared with my Grandmother along with the Great Lakes and lighthouses. I sincerely thank you for making time to research this and speak (write) with me.

I really appreciate your offer to help. As much as my Titanic is an emotional build for me, the Tashmoo would mean so much more to me personally as she was a passion I shared with my Grandmother along with the Great Lakes and lighthouses. I sincerely thank you for making time to research this and speak (write) with me.
Hello Dave, I‘ve just reached out to the Detroit Historical Society seeking Tashmoo plan information as well. Thanks for the helping me realize this build is a possibility.

Just joined this site
Finished:
- New York Pilot Boat Phantom 1968 by Model Slipways
- Dragon 1942 by Corel
Planning:
- Belem by Artesania Latina
Hi
Like you, I have just joined. I've just bought the AL Belem. Having sailed on her in the 1980's thought it would be fun to do one I had actually been on. When it comes to your build I have some photos of details that may be of interest.
George B

Hi
Like you, I have just joined. I've just bought the AL Belem. Having sailed on her in the 1980's thought it would be fun to do one I had actually been on. When it comes to your build I have some photos of details that may be of interest.
George B
It would be very interesting also for others to see your work on the Belem

Back