Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

I ordered a kit from Aliexpress on 13 April.
Tracking last update:
Departed country of origin
2020-04-23 23:30:59 [GMT+8]

Still waiting.

Hi Brian
I've bought a lot of boxwood and pear wood, and I'm thinking of making models out of boxwood or pear wood
Due to the processing characteristics of CNC, boxwood or pear wood will have better performance
Will be used later on fly

Tom
So Tom, cherry and not boxwood or pear will be the only option offered with the Le Coureur kit?

My last two plank on frame kits of Le Requin and Enterprise were cherry timber on the frames. I'm looking for a lighter coloured timber for my next build.

Boxwood would be cool but I can certainly live with cherry for a kit this great.

Well I have placed my order for the kit, now to wait, but not hold my breath, can't hold it that long....

Could someone who ordered the reference material give us a review on worth and value when they get both the kit and books in to help determine if getting additional books are really needed for this fine looking kit.

Well I have placed my order for the kit, now to wait, but not hold my breath, can't hold it that long....

Could someone who ordered the reference material give us a review on worth and value when they get both the kit and books in to help determine if getting additional books are really needed for this fine looking kit.
Ancre's monograph is very good. In addition to the detailed introduction of the ship, there are other relevant materials. If you are interested in his history, this is a very good book.

Ancre's monograph is very good. In addition to the detailed introduction of the ship, there are other relevant materials. If you are interested in his history, this is a very good book.
If you are interested - we have already a planset review of the ancre monograph made by Jean Boudriot and Hubert Berti

I don't know the price of boxwood version yet. I need to finish the cherry version first, and then calculate the price of boxwood. I hope the price won't be too expensive
Very good news, that you will also prepare a pear and a boxwood version - Very good

Back