NEW KIT CAF-Le Coureur 1/48

donfarr

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

Question about the model, since I am also going to do the Alert, my question is this is it feasable to PLANK ONE SIDE AND LEAVE THE OTHER EXPOSED TO SHOW THE FRAME WORK JUST AN IDEA FOR ME, BUT DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS FEASABLE TO DO THAT, ideas and opions. Don

Jimsky

Staff member

Hello Don, I think your idea is really good. I have seen models planked one side and second side exposed. For the most part, this shouldn't be driven by kit technology, it should be preference of personal taste. ;)

donfarr

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

Hi JIM, Do you see any problems doing it this way not from the kit but as a build. Don

Jimsky

Staff member

Hi Don. There should be no problems doing this way from scratch for small scale models. For large scale and size the hull might be twisted.

donfarr

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

JIM, What I am thinking is to use the kit suplied material the only thing that I am concerned about is the finishing of the exposed side the type of wood being suplied can it be stained. THANKS AGAIN Don

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

JIM, What I am thinking is to use the kit suplied material the only thing that I am concerned about is the finishing of the exposed side the type of wood being suplied can it be stained. THANKS AGAIN Don
Don,why do you want to stain the wood ?

Hedley

Message for @CAFmodel or anyone "really in the know"....
Earlier in is this topic, I read that the possible time of release for this kit could be February or March 2020.

Question:
Now that an agreement with ANCRE may have been reached, any update on the release date?

Thank you.
G
Hi, Gilles. and maybe HMS Fly and anything else up their sleeve.:)