New kit of La Renommee from CAFmodel 1/48 scale.

Unusual that the first three sessions are for the middle, bow and stern ribs of the ship and the fourth is for the keel and berth which I assume is a building jig. Must be a new way of building the ship which I am not familiar with. Very curious to see actual photos or plans of the build. I have seen the same listing on Taobao also.
I can imagine that this is build in sections. See here a project caf did on the Ambitieux bow.
57_2000_2000 (1).jpg
58_2000_550.jpg
59_2000_2000.jpg
66_2000_2000.jpg
61_2000_2000.jpg
62_2000_2000.jpg
64_2000_2000.jpg
65_2000_2000.jpg
96_2000_2000.jpg
24_2000_2000.jpg
25_2000_2000.jpg
26_2000_2000 (1).jpg
91_2000_2000.jpg
89_2000_2000.jpg
This was a project from 2013.

Attachments

• 26_2000_2000 (1).jpg
    26_2000_2000 (1).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 11
Or building the hull according the „Hahn“-method? Upside down

Caf has put this new model on 4H model.com with some new pictures.
13¸±±¾.jpg
15¸±±¾.jpg
Vessel details
Details.JPG
And he is offering a rebate scheme for new and excisting customers. Be aware this is translated from Chinese by google translate. He is directly selling his models via the Taobao shop which you can find here, also in Chinese only. This vessel is not on yet.
https://shmodel.taobao.com/
Caf is mentioned in the English translation as Rotation model or Spin model, sorry google translate again.:)

Rebate scheme.JPG

So glad to see a La Renommée kit that is based on Boudriot's plans and not the Swedish Jupiter as EuroModel did. The CAF website is a bit sketchy though, a lot of the copy and art he uses is picked up from other websites (like mine) and some of the ship photos are from gaming sights. But "Huzzah!" to CAF for offering us a new kit!

Visit www.larenommeeship.com for more info on the ship and her captains.

The Recusant ____________________ La Renommee banner.jpg

Hi, Maarten, I have tried that site quite a bit I registered and did what they said to do WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT THE QUESTIONS WERE IN CHINEESE no TRANSLATION I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE SOME THINGS ON THAT SITE, but so far NO LUCK. Don

Hi Don,

I havent bought something from Taobao yet, but I know some of the people here online did.
So it should be possible to do it.

Hi, Maarten, I have tried that site quite a bit I registered and did what they said to do WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT THE QUESTIONS WERE IN CHINEESE no TRANSLATION I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE SOME THINGS ON THAT SITE, but so far NO LUCK. Don

I suggest you Don just drop the Taobao adventure and email Max as Brian said too.

For those who enjoy nautical fiction, I'm publishing a historical novel of la Renommée with FireShip Press which should be out later this year entitled "The Ship's Carpenter." This is the first book of a series called Tween Sea & Shore dealing with real and fictional characters who are linked to the frigate. The captains and history of the ship are followed very closely in my story. Other books will continue their story and hopefully will come out later. Keep a sharp eye for them, mates.

The Recusant____________________________83182

Last edited:
Unusual that the first three sessions are for the middle, bow and stern ribs of the ship and the fourth is for the keel and berth which I assume is a building jig. Must be a new way of building the ship which I am not familiar with. Very curious to see actual photos or plans of the build. I have seen the same listing on Taobao also.
Be aware that the Chinese offer only has Sessions 1-4 available for purchase. I have been waiting for a year for the other sessions and upgrades with no answers from China. They state that these are coming but there is nothing coming at all. BEWARE!
Seen this on Ebay. Limited info at this stage. Not sure if POB or POF or other build but in admiralty style and will have internal upgrade and wood carvings. Looks like a very promising new high end kit from China. First session is now avaliable.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/La-Reno...692528?hash=item3b1a9ee970:g:OgcAAOSwmOZbjiNq
offer

Be aware that the Chinese offer only has Sessions 1-4 available for purchase. I have been waiting for a year for the other sessions and upgrades with no answers from China. They state that these are coming but there is nothing coming at all. BEWARE!

offer
Caf model suspended to manufacture all the french ship kits

CAF said that the problem was a "copyright" issue with ANCRE. I wondered why the CAF site could be allowed to offer a kit in pieces with no guarantee of future delivery. CAF then said ANCRE was going to offer the "La Renommee" on an international site for a broader base. This is just more evasive talk since they are suspending all French ship kits.

CAF said that the problem was a "copyright" issue with ANCRE. I wondered why the CAF site could be allowed to offer a kit in pieces with no guarantee of future delivery. CAF then said ANCRE was going to offer the "La Renommee" on an international site for a broader base. This is just more evasive talk since they are suspending all French ship kits.
I suuggest to everyone to continue this talk with Tom from Caf in a private message conversation

Back